Baked Ricotta - YUM!

abbeycat43
on 7/4/13 10:51 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I made this recipe tonight....and let me say OMG! It is heaven! I don't even miss the fact that there wasn't any pasta in it...will freeze some and hope they thaw and reheat well.

Shelly's Baked Ricotta

8 oz of Ricotta Cheese 
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 large Egg, beaten
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 cup Marinara Sauce 
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese

Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan, beaten egg, seasonings together and place in a oven proof dish. Pour marinara on top and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake it in the oven @ 450 for about 20-25 minutes (best) or nuke it till hot and bubbly. I usually made it first in the oven and heated the leftovers in the microwave.

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/puree d-foods.html

stephanieplum
on 7/4/13 11:11 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I love this recipe.  It does freeze and reheat well.  I put hamburger it now and love that change.  My hubby loves it! I usually double the recipe.

abbeycat43
on 7/4/13 11:42 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Good idea, my child would probably like a little meat added to hers...and I love your username!!! LOL!

Sherry P.
on 7/4/13 11:43 am
VSG on 07/15/13
Is there anyway to lock or save this post so I can save the recipe.

abbeycat43
on 7/4/13 11:58 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

Not sure about locking, but when I find recipes I like, I take a pic with my phone and then I always have it, especially when I go to the grocery store.  I am currently looking for apps for the iphone to see if I can just save them to an app.

Calking
on 7/4/13 6:39 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

I copied and pasted the above recipe into an email for you.  Check your email and you should be able to keep it there as long as you want it.  

You can also create a Word document and every time you get a recipe you can copy and paste it into that word document ... then you can save it on your computer.

I do this with various posts where I want to keep the information.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Mike B.
on 7/4/13 11:57 am
I agree with Stephanie, baked ricotta does freeze and it reheats well. My wife also puts hamburger or ground bison in it and we love it that way. We usually make a double batch also. We will portion it out and freeze it for lunches during our busy work week.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

teachernikki
on 7/4/13 12:17 pm - Lewiston, ME

Abby, this sounds so good! Are you in the pureed or mushy stage?? How did it settle in your tummy? Sorry if its TMI. I cannot wait to try this!!

-Nikki

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

abbeycat43
on 7/4/13 2:31 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I actually just finished the mushy stage...only cottage cheese was listed as ok on my surgeons list but you could always ask you NUT.  It was actually creamier than a scrambled egg, just not sure about the shredded cheese on top and how it would digest. I'm also taking it really slow on adding foods into my diet and always err on the side of caution.  On a separate note, I used the muffin tin to make individual portions and they are the perfect amount.

Esquared
on 7/4/13 4:39 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

I'm beginning solids, and I think I can handle this - thanks for posting! I have eggface as a favorite on my browser, but I consistently forget to look at it. I added smoked salmon to my diet today - I'm excited that it worked out! Not sure it will be a staple, but it's good to know that I can handle it. I, too, am going very slow with additions - I learned (the hard way) that I really do not tolerate dairy well, whereas before surgery, I did just fine with it.

Ricotta bake=next in line.

"I am what I am not yet." - Maxine Greene

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 229 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views