A Newbie

sunshngirl3
on 7/8/13 3:46 am

Hi everyone.

I am a newbie in the beginning phases. I am going to a visit with a friend to her appointment in August and scheduling for my beginning on this journey. I know this is just a tool to loose weight and not a cure or fix all. I have a feeling of self worth and know that I am worth so much more than I give myself. I love myself enough to do this. I currently weigh 340 lbs. I am a grand mother of two beautiful grand babies that I want to be around to enjoy. I have been on every diet you name it I have tried it with some success only to gain the weight back and then some. I am just tired of carrying this heavy burden of weight and can't wait to say goodbye to it all. Any tips and pointers are welcome and also about how long does it take to go from first visit to setting a date? I would like to do it over Christmas vacation from school since I am a teacher.

cappy11448
on 7/8/13 6:35 am

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your decision to have Weight loss surgery. 

I started the process in mid January and had surgery May 1.  I am also a grandmother, and I weighed a bit more than you as my starting weight.  I'm so glad I decided to do this.  I've lost 99 pounds so far, (pre and post surgery), and its made such a difference in my energy and mobility.  I wish you the same success.

How long it takes often relates more to insurance requirements than anything else.  My insurance required a 3 month pre-surgery diet, and I had surgery 3 1/2 months after my initial appointment.  Some insurance requires longer pre-surgery diets, others have no requirements.  So best to check with your insurance carrier first.

Best of luck with your weight loss journey.  I look forward to sharing success stories with you in the future.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 6:57 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Welcome! This is a great place for advice and support on your journey! Good luck with it all, you are SO worth it!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views