Chewable Vit B, Iron, Calcium and Vit D? Advice?

Mommydoo
on 7/9/13 5:46 am - OR

Surgery is next Wednesday and I have a chewable multi vit - Centrum - but I need Vit B, Calcium, Iron and Vit D - any advice?  Do they need to all be chewable, perhaps I misunderstood??

Does Viactiv work for Calcium and vitamin D? If so, what would you recommend for Vit B and Iron?

Thank you so much!!

I know similar questions have been posted on this site but I don't know how to search - sorry.  

Thank you all so much, just so very excited!!

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

pdtmd501
on 7/9/13 5:53 am

I do a sublingual B12 which I got at the Vitamin Shoppe.  I don't think Viactiv works because it isn't Calcium Citrate...I could be wrong though.  Calcium citrate is more easily absorbed.  I was told that I needed to do all chewable or sublingual for vitamins.   

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Mommydoo
on 7/9/13 6:04 am - OR

Thank you.  She did tell me sublingual - I have no idea what that means but will look it up.  I will find a Vitamin Shoppe and go there or see if there is a way to order from there online - I have 2 toddlers and they are making the shopping experience for this surgery so much FUN!! :)  (I mean difficult)

Are you taking a chewable Calcium Citrate?  And do you do a chewable Iron?  I could check with the Vitamin Shoppe for all those. 

Thank you!

datachick
on 7/9/13 6:07 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Look for iron in your multi.

"sublingual" means under your tongue (vs. swallowed)

My pre-op book from the surgeon, as well as the NUT, had lists of things. You might want to check with them.

I didn't start taking iron until a while after surgery, and it's a pill (not chewable). It wasn't on The List to take them right away.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

pdtmd501
on 7/9/13 6:44 am

I thought I would post the recommended daily vitamins that my NP gave me.  I'm sure it varies for each person. 

1000-2000 IU D3

1 multivitamin 2x daily

50 mg Thiamin (B1)  (my multi doesn't have Thiamine so I take this sublingual daily)

500 mcg B12

Just as FYI for you. 

****I will also tell you that you have time to figure this out post surgery.  It's really hard to get your vitamins in during the post-op liquid phase so do the best you can.  DON'T PANIC if you can't quite get all of them in right away.  Give yourself some time to get your mojo down. 

SURGERY WITH DR. PLEATMAN--05/30/13       

HW:303    SW: 299   GW:  180

Mommydoo
on 7/9/13 1:05 pm - OR

Thank you so much!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views