Fit Bit ??

AmyInOrlando
on 7/12/13 1:28 pm - Orlando, FL

Does anyone have a Fit Bit?  The bracelet type?  Is it accurate, easy to use and set?  I'm thinking it will be motivating for exercise and monitoring calories burned.  Does it really monitor your sleep?  I've had insomnia for years, and I wake up frequently during the night.  Also, does it monitor calories burned while swimming?  Is there a monthly subscription cost, or is it just the cost of the device.  Why is it significantly less expensive on the Fit Bit site then on Amazon?  $99, really... that's it?  Should I get one? 

I'm not a "Techy", so if it's difficult to use 

themexcellentone
on 7/12/13 1:38 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I have the FItbit you wear in your pocket or on your bra.  I'm buying the Fitbit Flex (the one you're talking about) as my reward for making it through pre-op dieting and surgery this past week.  I can tell you that the Fitbit I have does measure how many times you wake during the night but I am not sure how accurate it is, because when I had my sleep study done back in February, I woke up way more per their measurements than Fitbit said I did. 

There is not a subscription cost, it is just the cost of the device. 

I have found the Fitbit I have very easy to use, and what is really nice is that there is an app for my phone (I have a Galaxy S3) so I can keep up with my steps there.  The Flex is supposed to be water-resistant so hypothetically you could see how many calories you burn while swimming.  I hope it can measure those because that is the  main reason I want the Flex--so that once I am clear to go in the pool, I can start doing water aerobics again and see how many calories I'm burning there.

Hope this is helpful info!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

jlangley
on 7/12/13 1:39 pm - NC
VSG on 08/05/13

so, we bought the fit bit and put them on after charging and started setting them up... it counted every key stroke on my laptop as a step!!  needless to say, they went back... not sure what the best option is!

Jennifer L.
on 7/12/13 1:42 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I have the fitbit one and LOVE it! I just snap it on my bra between the girls and go! The bracelet is supposed to be really good, my husband plans on getting that in the future. I love my fitbit one though because I dont have to think about it. Its hidden away and its blue tooth so I can check my steps on my iphone at any time. It doesnt take much to set up. Its like setting up and online profile. Super easy to use. You should get one!!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Jennifer L.
on 7/12/13 1:44 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

with the swimming.. it wont help you track that exactly like your stairs and steps, but you can enter it into your log on how long you did it and it wil track that for you in addition to your steps

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

claimmaster
on 7/12/13 9:41 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I have the Flex and love it.  It's not magic, so things like waking up during the night...if you don't move around it doesn't know you're awake.  I've found it pretty accurate as far as the steps, length of activity, calories, etc..  The set up is easy.  It's perfect for what I got it for...to see my activity levels and trying to beat them each day, giving myself goals.  It even wakes me up in the morning!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 408 views