Disney Vacation coming up.. help needed

carebear7391
on 7/19/13 5:27 am - Wilmington, DE

OK.  Has anyone gone to Disney World when really trying to work the program best they can?  Anyone know what types of snacks they allow to be brought into the parks (Universal Studios, Sea World, Disney).  I really am trying to stick to my program.  Thanks in advance for the suggestions!!

datachick
on 7/19/13 5:35 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12
you can bring whatever you want. read up on their websites to get details. in disney world we brought a daypack with nuts, a coupla sandwiches that we shared, protein bars and shakes, and water. thousands of people spend hours in line for a hot dog and a coke....not us. in seaworld we'd get a hot dog from one of the little stands; i'd have a bite, my wife (rny) would have a bite, and my neice ate the rest. worked out great. you can pRe-check the restaurants and foods they have so you can pre-have a list of safe places to eat.....or just bring your own and mainly stick to that. we each had a bite of my neice's ice cream or whatever she might have, made it special. have a great time!

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

cookiebun
on 7/19/13 7:02 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I haven't been to disney is such a long time, but I always remember them having turkey drumsticks.  Way more food than we need, but good protein if you don't mind wasting some of it!

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

lunarose
on 7/19/13 7:25 am - Newhall, CA

I was at WDW  and Universal last year. There are more healthier options there now which helps. I brought individual protein powder packs and had a shake a day. Are you doing the meal plan? On their web site you can view menus and plan out your meals ahead of time. It wasn't as challenging as I had feared it would be.

band2sleeverevision
on 7/19/13 8:23 am
VSG on 02/25/13

You'll be fine. I went to Disneyland pre-op and took a bottle with protein shake envelopes (Unjury has single servings) and had no problem getting water or milk to mix with it. 

Check the website because all of the restaurants post their menus so you can plan where to eat if you want to eat a meal.

At the time I was wearing a Weigh****chers activity tracker.....it put up 12  activity points for the day I was in Disneyland (2-4 is the recommended amount).  You'll walk more than that in Disney World Magic Kingdom because everything is spaced farther apart.

Not sure about Universal or Sea World.....haven't been to the Florida ones in years.

Missy30
on 7/19/13 10:06 am
VSG on 06/27/12

I just got back from Universal and Disney.  Ive been to Sea World but its been awhile so cant help there.  At Disney you can take whatever you want I saw people with coolers.  At Universal this is their rules

We allow outside food and beverage of the following nature only: Water bottles (individual size and unopened at time of entrance), baby food, fruits and vegetables. Any specific food for health or dietary reasons on an individual size is permitted, subject to approval at the entrance by park security.

The following items are NOT allowed: coolers or large bags of any kind, any food purchased from outside locations, any beverage that is already open at time of entrance.

I advise a water bottle of bottles of water you can buy them there at the parks but my goodness they are expensive.  At Disney I saw some stands selling some fruits oranges apples ect didn't see that at universal.  I took in protein bars and ate off my husbands plate of whatever he had usually a burger or some type of fish at that restrants.  At a yr out of vsg I did fine.  There are stands set of everywhere with ice cream and popcorn and churros just have to avoid them and be prepared with your protein.  Have fun and enjoy they really are fun places!

carebear7391
on 7/19/13 10:12 am - Wilmington, DE

Thanks for the great responses.  I appreciate the assistance. 

Latse
on 7/19/13 2:21 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

We just got back from WDW in May.  I packed fruit snacks and granola bars for hubby and kiddo, and little Ziploc bags of turkey jerky for me in our day bag.  Carried in bottles of water.  I shipped down my protein shakes so I could have them in the AM w/ coffee before leaving for the parks.  At every WDW park there is a quick serve restaurant that serves 1/2 a baked chicken for about $10.  My daughter and I would split it, me about 3oz off the breast, her the rest.  I had planned out "treats" for each park (items I heard about that are a must try), I would end up taking a bite or sip or two and hand if off to kiddo or hubby. Any other meal we had I looked for the leanest, least fussy dish on the menu, some form of baked or gilled chicken/fish/beef.  Ohhh our last night, Daughter and I split a 8oz NY strip at Sanaa, it came w/ a roasted sweet potato thing OMG it was like candy!!!  And their tea service was awesome.

Have fun, I didn't worry too much about calories while there but made sure I hit my 100g of protein every day. My fitbit showed over 30,000 steps every day we were there.

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

Joy M.
on 7/20/13 6:33 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Yeah they do allow a small bag with food and water bottles. I would bring pieces of fruit, protein bars, water bottles, snack foods that r good. The park sells corn on the cob and turkey legs that are huge. My kids n I shared n we still didn't fini**** all.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 408 views