Hunger

Nancy1221
on 7/22/13 9:14 am

I'm eating the amount of of food that I'm supposed to and I'm still hungry!! When will the hunger aches go away my stomach keeps growling. I notice it happens while I'm at work I eat sugar free jello for a snack and it helps for 30 mins lol any one else have this problem? 

Sleeved on 6/18/2013

(deactivated member)
on 7/22/13 9:24 am - MA

are you sure that it is physical hunger and not mental hunger? its hard to discern between the two sometimes. Also some of the growling might just be gas/digestion noises. I get those and asked my doc and she told me what they were. I knew that they wernt hunger because i wasnt hungry at all.

good luck!!

Nancy1221
on 7/22/13 9:25 am

Idk! Maybe I'm confused or it is all in my head! It's gonna take some getting used to :)

hollykim
on 7/22/13 9:32 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Try eating dense protein instead of jello. There is no nutrition in it and the sugar alcohols might be making you feel hungry or it could be acid making you feel hungry.
Gl

Tracy D.
on 7/22/13 9:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

SF jello is a slider food and is going to go quickly through you - no wonder you are hungry after eating it.  You're only a month out so I'm not sure your doctor wants you to be eating now...but something with protein is going to do a better job of fighting the hungries. 

Also, even though it's SF, it can still spike your blood sugar and then give you a crash later on.  Like the other poster said, it could also be acid, which weirdly mimics hunger pains and the growlie feeling you get when hungry.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

A. Kondrlik
on 7/22/13 9:52 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

Don't know how far out you are but it could be acid.  alot of sleevers are on on a prescribed antacid from Surgeon.  Like pepcid or zantac.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views