When will it Relax?

mdusha
on 7/24/13 6:16 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I'm nearly 8 months out from surgery and still have amazing restriction...that I'm crazy grateful for.

When will this relax? Or...will I be lucky and it won't? 

Right now, though my surgeon's plan calls for 3oz to 4oz protein at a meal, plus some veg and complex carb, I'm doing good if I can get in 2.5oz of protein plus a tablespoon or two of veg, forget the carb. I follow the plan suggested by the surgeon of Frisco and Elina (thank God for you folks) and have been pleased with my progress, though things have slowed quite a bit lately.

What can I expect in the coming months regarding capacity? At what point are you pretty much at what your capacity will be long-term?

Thanks for the insight!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

nmrudge
on 7/24/13 6:32 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

We have pretty much the same surgery date and I'm right there with you.  I can get in 3oz of protein and maybe a few bites of veggies and that is it.  It also takes me 35-45 min to do it.  I still feel restriction with every bite.  I can't remember the last time I finished a meal while the food was still warm.  I have to literally put my fork down and wait after each bit.  I'm not complaining either but also wondered this very thing.  I'm happy with my weight loss and have pretty much resigned to the fact that this could be how it is. I'm interested in reading what others have to say.  Sorry I didn't have better insite. 

Edit Delete

frisco
on 7/24/13 6:33 am

Your so "Golden"............!!!!

Keep your meals small.......your preserving your restriction for the long haul when you really need it.

When it comes time to add calories for maintenance you can do it several ways.....

- Increase quantity

- Increase caloric content

- Add meal(s)

I choose to increase "content"...... keep my meals small, but get more calories from fat and carbs..... yes I eat breaded fried chicken sometimes.... but the same 2.5oz or so and some veggies and I'm right there.

Just keep doing what your doing..... !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

kitsyb
on 7/24/13 7:28 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12

I'm 18 months out (on maintenance for 10 months) and still VERY restricted.   LOVE MY SLEEVE!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views