I can walk

katie L.
on 7/27/13 10:08 am

My knee pain is better now so I can walk for 20 mins. I am so happy to be able to move more. I'm going to walk from  20 mins. for a few weeks than move up to 30 mins.ahd than keep moving up. I want to be careful not to injury myself. because ny knees are in terrible shape. I'm using weights too. Anyone else having  problems with there joints?

jenn227
on 7/27/13 10:30 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Oh, that's good!  Have you tried to do any kind of aqua therapy/aerobics?  I started my workout routine with water classes and they were so much easier on my knees/joints.  Good for you for building up your workout routine!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

great.lakes.girl.
on 7/27/13 10:45 am
I did but after losing 30 or so pounds it got somewhat better. Congratulations on being able to walk!
katie L.
on 7/27/13 12:31 pm

I live in very small time there is nothing here. I would need to drive a hour and a half away. The water thing is out. We have some equipment in our home a treadmill, bike, a weight machine, and single barbells so that is what i am working with.

cajunlady1958
on 7/28/13 4:10 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I'm glad you are able to get around. I was in a wheel chair for 4 years and then I had surgery last year and a whole new world opened up. I am able to walk around for short periods of time because my knees will never get any better than right now. So I do what I can but I have noticed it is much easier to get around in my house and on short trips uptown. Keep up the good work.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views