I don't have a desire to eat at all

wkeener
on 8/3/13 2:04 am - TX

When I do make myself eat it tastes so bad I want to stop I know I am not getting enough water but that tastes bad too .I'm in a stall  too please  help? 

mickeymantle
on 8/3/13 2:10 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

you know you need to drink more so just do it, and make shore you get enough protein

when was your surgery?

you have to taste different stuff to find out  what taste right ,my hubby had chemo a few years back and a lot of stuff tasted like medal , turkey and mash potatoes got him thru bad days

think of the food like medicine , drink a few shakes if thats all you can force down

talk to your doctor it may be one of your meds that is changing your taste

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

wkeener
on 8/3/13 2:31 am - TX

I am 2 months out so I know what I need to do ! i just can eat one thing its olive garden zuppa soup which i got the recipe for and its only 170 cal  10 protein 

Spencerella
on 8/3/13 2:27 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Looks like you are still very early out, so please focus on getting your water/fluids in and just ensure that any calories you take in are liquid protein. The rest will come in time, but the first priority is to avoid dehydration.  Take care, friend. Things will get easier.

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

judbug1711
on 8/3/13 2:39 am
VSG on 06/17/13
I'm 7 weeks out and I'm having the same problem. I keep water with me all the time and drink through out the day. I also drink at least 1 isopure drink since it has 40 grams of protein. I nibble on food here and there because nothing really interests me. Keep trying to at least do fluid intake to avoid dehydration.
lucy2e
on 8/3/13 6:50 am - Laurel, MD

The change in taste is kinda of normal - its hormonal from all the hormones being release as you burn fat.  Ketosis can also play a role since it puts a bad flavor in your mouth. 

You MUST get in all your fluids - if you don't, you will end up in the ER dehydrated. Also, the more dehydrated you get, the worse your aversion to eating and drinking will get - its a vicious cycle.  DRINK damn it!  Get some Powerade Zero or Diet Gatorade - it will help hydrate you quicker.  

The Zuppa isn't a great option - but if you could slip some protein powder (or even powdered milk) into it to up the protein, the at least you would come close to meeting daily goals.

At the start you really have to force yourself to do this - it will get better with time!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

stratusphr
on 8/3/13 1:34 pm - Plano, TX
I am three years out and I'm still not hungry.....I PRAY it is this way forever! If you aren't wanting to eat and are not eating junk....and still aren't losing. Up your protein and liquids. I know coffee and iced tea aren't as GOOD as water, but at three months out I couldn't possibly get enough water in, the nurse told me "JUST DRINK LIQUIDS, just no sugary ones!!!" It saved me, I drank water, tea and coffee. I don't like Crystal Lite and all that flavored water stuff. I DO keep a lemon or a lime around to add to my water, along with a Stevia!!! I cut up a lime into quarters and add a quarter to 16 oz of water. My goal is to use all four quarters of the lime. That, along with several cups of coffee a day.....maybe a glass of iced tea. I'm good!

My go to foods when I was in the losing stage were eggs (i could only eat a half for months and months!! I kept and usually STILL keep a bag of shrimp in the freezer. Tuna packed in water. I add 1.5 TB to the can. 1% cottage cheese. Chicken breast or lean pork chop bake in a can of 98% FF cream of mushroom soup. (Add water, about 3/4 can is good) You have 'gravy' and it makes the meat sofe. Round steak is good the same way, but I usually do it on top of the stove. No pasta, rice, bread......and stay totally, 100% away from anything sweet. Good luck....and if you're one of the lucky ones, you'll keep on NOT being hungry.

Just for the record, I still weigh every morning. I weigh and/or measure my food when I eat at home and I log it all on my fitness pal. This is my new life, as natural to me as breathing. For me, it works, it's essential, in my opinion, for me to continue to be successful. I've been maintaining for a little over 2.5 years.
Esquared
on 8/3/13 3:03 pm - CA
VSG on 06/06/13

Thanks for your post, Stratus! I know I am not the OP, but I am having a similar issue. It's a good reminder that lack of hunger is, indeed, a good problem to have - provided we're still getting our nutrients somehow, some way!

-E

"I am what I am not yet." - Maxine Greene

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views