Stomach ache after I eat...always

teachernikki
on 8/4/13 10:03 am - Lewiston, ME

So the subject line says it all. I eat very slowly, takes me about 45 minutes to eat my protein which is all I ever have but yet still cant get my 60-80g in (thats another subject!) within minutes I am running to the bathroom to poo. (Sorry, tmi) Anyone else have this issue?

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

Skylartoniv
on 8/4/13 10:13 am
When was ur surgery?
teachernikki
on 8/4/13 10:27 am - Lewiston, ME

June 26. Almost 7 weeks out. Following my nutrition plan...except for 1 time weeks ago!

HW: 330 ~  SW: 312 ~ CW: 282

SuzyNZ
on 8/4/13 10:38 am
VSG on 09/17/12
I would guess that you are probably eating too much. I have only ever eaten the amount on my plan once and it's the only time I've been sick. My plan was simply too much food for me. I barely eat the amounts on it now at nearly 11 month out. There was no way I could at your stage without feeling yuck every time.

Just reduce your amounts until you find a comfortable volume that doesn't make you feel sick. You shouldn't still be eating after 45 mins just because you feel you need to get it all in. I was doing that too until I talked to my NUT about it and told her I couldn't eat that much. She was fine with me eating less.

Don't get stressed about the protein thing, especially this early out. Just get as much in as you can without hurting yourself. It will slowly increase as you get further out and get your food/fluid/protein ratios sorted more comfortably.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

claimmaster
on 8/4/13 8:19 pm - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I agree that it may just be too much food.  I was feeling that way, too.  I was drinking fine while I was on liquids.  When I added soft foods to my diet, everything got so much harder.  I finally pulled back and went back to mostly liquids with just a meal or two of soft foods (I eat 5 small meals a day), and about half or even less of what I'd been trying to eat before.  Now I eat about a tablespoon or two of food instead of an ounce or two.  I feel SO much better.  My stomach obviously wants to take things slower than my "plan" said I could.  I get a lot of my protein from Isopure drinks.  Taste is not so good, but it's good for me, so I've learned to ignore the funky taste. I think it is important for you to be getting in your protein, IMHO.  Experiment until you find what works for YOU.  I think this is all just so individual for each of us.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

benevola
on 8/5/13 3:08 am - Des Moines, WA
VSG on 07/17/13

I'm having the exact same problem at almost 3 weeks out. I also decided to go back to mostly liquids with 1 or 2 tiny mushy meals. Also, since everything was making me sick to my stomach, there are very few non-liquid foods that even sound good right now. :/

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views