Constipation (tmi)

Nancy1221
on 8/5/13 11:00 am

Ok I am having some major constipation issues I've tried Stool softener that the dr told me to get but that has only given me Diarrhea then back to constipation. Anyone else out there have any suggestions. 

Sleeved on June 18th 2013

Lana13
on 8/5/13 11:13 am

My Dr/NUT suggested an all natural Tea called Smooth Move (cute name hey) comes in different flavours I recommend a flavoured one as the natural one is very strong and not all that pleasant.

Lana

Nancy1221
on 8/5/13 11:15 am

Awesome thanks! I'm heading to Costco now to see if I can find that!

Alese M.
on 8/5/13 11:29 am - FL

Not TMI I have chronic constipation but after my vsg it was worse b/c I wasn't on my daily routine of Miralax and/or Konsyl but to get rid of my problem instantly my nurse suggested glycerin suppositories -3-4 at the beginning.  Squeeze butt cheeks together to soften and then wait a 1/2 hour lying down and that did the trick for me...it turned out to be Fleet glycerin supp.  No medication in it so safe and only $4.?? at CVS.

GOOD LUCK..

Now back to the Miralax mixed in shake...Yummy   :-)

alese

katie L.
on 8/5/13 11:53 am

I'm having the same problem. i have tried so many things nothing works longer than one day. then back to being constipation. i think i will try the tea that was mention.

wink77
on 8/5/13 1:41 pm - NE
Miralax worked to get me moving and now I take a daily softener. It's so uncomfortable, hope you get some relief.
Deckeriv
on 8/5/13 8:58 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Track your fiber. If you are not getting at least 25 grams a day, you will be constipated. With a low carb diet it's pretty hard to find fiber. I started eating a Quest protein bar every day for lunch and have been regular since.

I know it seems counter intuitive, but fiber is the key. Add bulk to make your bowels work...and of course drink lots of water. Easy Peasy.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

sheranfour
on 8/6/13 12:10 am, edited 8/6/13 12:10 am

Miralax.

Go to the search prompt...type in CONSTIPATION. There are hundreds of posts about this and you'll get lots of info.

Hope everything comes out OK. ( sorry...I had to!)

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views