Wise words that VSG Friends whisper into my ear almost daily...

Miss150
on 8/18/13 6:16 am
I stumbled upon this forum a short time before my surgery in December. There are no support groups or meetings in my remote neck -o- the woods, and you all (who post and respond to posts) have been my lifeline and school in this journey. I have an incredible husband, family- friends and co-workers who are super supportive, but it is YOU who walk in my shoes- ahead of- beside-and following me that I also need to hear from and sound out to. This is my community, and I am in relationship with you, my friends. That said, a while back, someone posted a similar list that I got to thinking about in a state of grateful ness over thoughts, encouragement, sympathy, humor, rebuke, information and words of wisdom offered here in this placeand I thought I'd start a thread- What about you? What gifts of words have you gleaned from this site? Let's hear them ...

Commitment and compliance- Frisco
Don't say "I can do it, ask yourself, Can I do it?"- Jubjub
(A start page with a whole wealth of knowledge to go to school on) -Carmelita
Research I can count on re. the science of it all- ruggie and Terry H.
All manner of encouragement and friendliness -Shagdoll
I've been down and I may be hurting, but I'm not out, by a long shot - acbbrown
(Also known by me as a Phoenix Rising!)
Kairk, who isn't afraid to be transparent about the importance of working out our emotional issues
71dart, who just plain makes me laugh and smile!

A woman of incredible courage and optimism - Italian Princess
This is my truth, and I'm not going to sugar coat it...." Elina
Chat with me all you want about homemade yogurt- Happy teacher
All kinds of vicarious world traveling, jet setting strength of character-Wantmylife

I could go on and on...the folks who day after day post accountability threads -Keith, Vivian P, Anninva....those who have inspired me as they walked the good road to goal and inspired me- Summergirl, sleeve girl...
You know who you are- You are on this list when you post or respond...AND I THaNK YOU! Any you can think of?

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

tysmom01
on 8/18/13 6:40 am - MS
VSG on 08/12/13

I am also very grateful for this forum. I came upon it about a month before my surgery. It was a God-send. I had so many questions and was fearful of having the surgery. The people on here have answered my questions and helped me so much. I'm still very new to this journey (only 6 days out) but have learned so very much from the same ones you have listed above. And from you too!! All are such an inspiration to this newbie! I thank you all so much! 

Age: 34 ~ Height: 5'5 ~ HW: 287 (7/28/2013) ~ SW: 272 ~ GW: 150 ~ Goal weight met 8/9/2014  

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 8/18/13 6:44 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Awwwww you are so sweet Bonnie!!! Big cyber hugs to you!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

jubjub
on 8/18/13 10:58 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

I'm very happy to be able to pay forward a tiny bit of the help and support I've gotten from others... many of whom are the same as you thanked.

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

LtWeight
on 8/18/13 1:02 pm - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

I'm really happy to have found this site too, with the help of my surgeons office.  I have only been on here a couple of weeks and I've learned quite a bit so far and appreciate all the information available here!

cheryls222
on 8/19/13 1:57 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

I can not express how much I appreciate all the help and support. I started this journey back the end of Jan.  I found this site and have learned so much.  I have had sooooo many challenges, from my mom passing and my dads illness, to my own struggles to get to the needed weight to qualify for surgery.

The OH group has help me through all of this.  When I was ready to give up, I got got the encouragement I needed. I reflect back and I have to say things happen for a reason.  By having to go through the process, I am much more prepared, both mentally and physically, for this surgery.  I have finally met my weight goal and have surgery scheduled for Sept 12th. 

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views