1oz to 2oz Every Fifteen Minutes?? How long?? Calling all Vets and All

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 1:29 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Ok so I am doing the 1 to 2 oz every 15 minutes until my protein is in.  Who else did this in the beginning and how long do you do this for?  It is driving me nuts.  I am doing 60 grams of protein a day and 64 oz of water is this good.  I do go see my nut Tuesday and have questions about everything but I am just really wondering if this is needed for 3 weeks.  Also I follow up on Wednesday with my surgeon for 2 week evaluation.   Full liquids only strainer consistency food here btw which really isn't much maybe 1 or 2 tbsp of soup every and then. Oh and I haven't felt sick yet, I have felt full burps hiccups maybe fullness feeling but not sick.

emelar
on 8/17/13 2:19 pm - TX

If you're talking about liquids, drink as fast as you're comfortable.  Just be careful not to pu**** past the point of comfort.  I was drinking slowly, but certainly faster that 1-2oz every 15 minutes, from the very beginning.

LLovesMac
on 8/17/13 2:22 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Yes liquids sorry haha I just read that I am all over the place.

L

Susie K.
on 8/17/13 6:05 pm - Lubbock, TX
VSG on 04/03/13

I understand your feeling of fear and your question for sure. I asked the very same thing the first few days after surgery. At the hospital, they had me drinking  out of this 1 oz cup and had me feeling like I was doing something wrong if I drank more than the 1 oz every 15 minutes. I was scared to death of getting dehydrated, but everyone kept making me think I was drinking too much at once. I didn't have difficulty drinking from day one. I always, or almost always, drank more than 1-2 oz at a time, even in the hospital. I didn't have problems with nausea or vomiting. Drink all you can without pushing yourself and DON'T worry about stretching your sleeve. I'm pretty sure that is awfully hard to do. 

I must admit. I am only 4 months out, but from my experience, don't worry about the 1-2 oz of liquids thing. Sounds like you're doing GREAT.

Keep asking and don't let anyone make you feel bad for asking anything you want. NOTHING is a silly question. 

Blessings...........Susie, from Lubbock TX

LLovesMac
on 8/18/13 12:38 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Susie you are just a doll thank you for your kind answer.  I dared a little today and just drank out of my shake, not sure if its 15 minutes or longer or how much but I did pretty good. 

L

Nikke2003
on 8/17/13 11:39 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13
Personally, I only used the sipping 1 to 2 oz of water or protein drink every 15 mins as a way to get started. I quickly found (right when I got home) that I was capable of drinking more and faster without feeling anything. I gradually increased and since about the first week post op, I have been able to drink like a normal person. It all depends on how your body is handling it. If you think you can do more, be very careful and test it.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

LLovesMac
on 8/18/13 12:38 pm
VSG on 08/06/13 with

Thank you very much I started testing today and I think I am doing great. 

L

Nikke2003
on 8/19/13 2:21 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Excellent!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 160 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 432 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views