Optisource Protein Drinks & Optisource Compound Multi-Vit - Anyone tried these?

Mommydoo
on 8/19/13 12:48 pm, edited 8/19/13 12:49 pm - OR

Has anyone tried these?  I found an advertisement on this website that stated insurance would pay for them.  I received the package and without being notified it was being sent.  I called them and all is ok but I know nothing about this company and am leary about taking the liquid Vitamins.  They are labeled from a pharmacy named " Premier Med Services" out of LA and I can't find them on the BBB.

Does anyone take these Vitamins - just want to be sure they are safe before I take them.  I usally get my RX filled at Fred Meyer or Walgreens - companies that have been around for ever and are well trusted.

Thanks for the help!

Kimberly

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

G5x5
on 8/19/13 1:03 pm - VA
Never heard of them and I'd be SERIOULY untrusting of any company that claimed insurance paid for them. Basically, as cool as it might make your life, you really got to understand insurance companies aren't in the business of paying for routine things. I'd be leary enough to wondervwhat te scam here is sight unseen. Stick with e basics, they're plenty cheap enough at Walmart or wherever and Walmart won't sell your credit card info to Russians.

Sorry.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Mommydoo
on 8/19/13 1:45 pm - OR

I did some further research and the drinks - Optisource - are made by Nestle Health Science - a legitimate division of Nestle.  So I am relieved about the drinks, however, the liquid vitamins - which my doctor wrote a prescription for and were already paid for by my prescription coverage, are what have me still wondering if they are safe. 

I am still waiting to hear from anyone on this site.  I am sure someone else clicked on that advertisement.  So I will be patient and wait.  Looking for helpful answers.

Thank you everyone.

Kimberly

Tracy D.
on 8/19/13 8:38 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I'm not sure about the drinks but my surgeon's office recommends the Optisource chewable multi as the one to take after the first six weeks of surgery.   I just haven't done it because of cost and have been using up my other vitamins first. 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views