5 Day Pouch Test, anyone want to join me? August 26th-30th.

AdeanaMarie
on 8/22/13 4:05 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

5 Day Pouch Test, anyone want to join me?  August 26th-30th.

I need to kick start the weight loss again and need to physically realize that my pouch is still working for me and to get some OLD habits transferred back into the NEW ones.

Anyone game to join me?

This is what I found on-line about the pouch test:

Days One & Two: Liquid Protein
low-carb protein shakes, broth, clear or cream soups, sugar-free gelatin and pudding.

Day 3: Soft Protein
canned fish (tuna or salmon) eggs, fresh soft fish (tilapia, sole, orange roughy).

Day 4: Firm Protein 
ground meat (turkey, beef, chicken, lamb), shellfish, scallops, lobster, fresh salmon or halibut.

Day 5: Solid Protein
white meat poultry, beef steak, pork, lamb, wild game

I am not starting tomorrow because I have a baby shower and wedding on Saturday.  Could start Sunday, but Monday and Tuesday are better days for me to focus on all liquids.

After the pouch test, going to focus on protein, veggies, berries and keeping the carbs lower.  Doing probably more of a Paleo eating plan, but also keeping track of my calories and protein count.  Keeping a food journal has gone to the wayside for me lately.  I need to get back to tracking.  

Any takers?

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

thinathart
on 8/22/13 4:13 am

I'll do it with you.  I've also slipped back into some bad habits that need to stop.   I need to drop another 20 lbs to get to goal.  I've been fighting the same 3 lbs the last month and a half.  A jump start would be very welcomed.  Thanks for the encouragement.

AdeanaMarie
on 8/22/13 4:21 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Terrific.  So nice to have some accountability!

So, I have it on my calendar.  Starting Monday, all day liquids, focused on primarily protein liquids, low carb, of course and water.

We can do this.  It will help refresh our system by flushing toxins, reassure us of our pouch size and that it is still working.  Kick some sugar out of our diet for a few days (hopefully longer) and inspire us to get those last pounds off until goal. 

Thanks for joining me.  Yay!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

AdeanaMarie
on 8/22/13 4:54 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

http://5daypouchtest.com/index.html

Above is the website I found.  Might give you some food ideas.  Look like they have a few, tabs on the upper right of the page.

thinathart
on 8/22/13 4:36 am

I'm excited and looking forward to the challenge.  I've been a rut, or worse. 

AdeanaMarie
on 8/22/13 4:47 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Part of it for me, is that I just need to convince myself I am not going to stay this weight.  I want and need to get to goal, for my health, for my mental and emotional state, for the success of knowing I did it.  Also, convincing myself that I can get back on track now and in the future, if I waver again.  I haven't gained (but haven't weighed in, in a couple weeks, so I guess I am not for sure about that, but clothes are fitting fine), but haven't lost in a couple months, so just really needing to know food is not gaining control over me again.  

Weighing in at the Dr's office after work tonight.  Excited to be doing something about my "stall" and knowing it is for the best.  Really need to cut out the little sugar here and there, it is stealing my energy.  Who am I kidding, the ice cream and popcorn I have every other night needs to be way less frequent as well.  Yikes.

I have been sitting on an exercise ball at work for 5 days now, all day.  My legs and core are really getting a good workout.  Almost makes me want to try those two yoga DVD's I bought months ago.  Ha!  Plan on doing those next week as well, as long as I do not feel light headed from lack of carbs.  LOL  :O)

cajunlady1958
on 8/22/13 8:49 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I'll give it a try. I'm not sure about day 3, do you just eat fish and eggs or are we allowed to have protein shakes also?

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

lucy2e
on 8/22/13 9:58 am - Laurel, MD

During the pouch test you can have anything from the previous category plus the stuff in the new category. 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

cajunlady1958
on 8/22/13 1:14 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Thank you for clearing that up for me.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

AdeanaMarie
on 8/22/13 10:21 pm - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Thanks!  Just saw your reply!  Good to know!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views