Constipation/ diareah

Joy M.
on 8/22/13 1:24 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

So I've always been constipated. I account a lot of that to weight gain. Well after two and a half weeks of being constipated since surgery I took something yesterday and had diareah today. Ugggg can anyone relate? So frustrating. I have been at a stall for over a week now and I know it's because I've been constipated. I just wish the pounds would drop like everyone else on here. This is so frustrating! I hope I'm not "done" losing weight only 2 weeks out. I know stalls are normal, but I'm not eating even a quarter or less than what I used to I don't know y I'm not loosing. 

mickeymantle
on 8/22/13 3:24 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your just on the 3 week stall it happens to most people , your body needs a rest to catch up with the weight loss ,if you measure you will see less inches

if you are constipated you may lose 1-2 lbs less , you need to eat more fiber , it will help get you regular

some people need to take mirilax everyday till the start eating more veggies

I had diarrhea the first 18 days  then got constipated when I started eating food

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Nikke2003
on 8/22/13 9:21 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Yes, I can relate to the bathroom issues. It seems like I get constipated and then take Miralax for a day or two and then that makes me have the opposite problem. I think I'm going to try taking a half of a dose daily to try and balance it out.

As far as the stall goes... it happens to just about everyone... even the people you refer to in your post when you say "I just wish the pounds would drop like everyone else on here." I bet all of those people were feeling the frustration with a stall that you are feeling right now.

Also keep in mind that with a starting weight of 225, you are a lightweight. You *only* have 100 lbs to lose, so you might not see the pounds drop like you would on someone like me. After NINE long months of going at this, I am just now at the point where I have 100 lbs to lose. I would have loved to have started out with only 100 lbs to lose... so try to look on the bright side :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views