I'm Dreaming of Food and Thinking of Carbs

newnycvsg1
on 8/26/13 7:43 am

Hello again all.  I am having a tough time in these first few days out of surgery.  I am trying to build up to the right amount of proteins and water for my daily intake and it's been rough.  I find myself already dreaming of the day when I can eat bread, and pasta....Is this weird?  It's not only carby things I'm thinking of though.  I just want a shrimp, a burger, baked or fried chicken every type of food except sweets since so much of what I'm eating now tastes sweet though it fits the below 10g of sugar guideline.

What can I do to get beyond this?

71dart
on 8/26/13 6:14 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Think toward the future, health, and all of the things you can't do that you want to do. Pre-op and early post-op I had food nightmares. The kind of vivid, sad nightmares like where your mate or child is kidnapped or killed. How could I go on without my beloved food?

Soon enough you will be ABLE to eat nearly any food, but do you WANT to? Soon the scale will move down. Your clothes will get baggy. Non-Scale Vistories will come. Hold on a few days for those good things to come and use them as motivation to continue on.

Tom

serenity1959
on 8/27/13 3:23 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I don't know how you can get beyond it but can tell you that when I was on clears and liquids only, I was FOOD OBSESSED.   I looked at recipes (hate to cook!), cookbooks, the food channel.   Now that I am on to mushies that has gone away.

HW 275  SW 266

newnycvsg1
on 8/27/13 4:10 am

Thanks dart and serenity.  It is tough.  That plus experiencing a ugly warping of my sense of smell and what may be lactose intolernace is driving me a little up a tree right now.  It's a little unnerving.  I'm trying to keep the faith.  Pray for me to come through soon.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 101 views