USING A CPAP WITH THE SLEEVE??

datachick
on 9/3/13 6:49 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

I was prescribed and given a CPAP machine specifically because I was having this surgery. They said it's because I am on my back for recovery and while in the hospital and they don't want me cutting off my air. Really though I think it was so I could have a 2nd comorbidity (I was low BMI). It was on a very low setting. I used it for a few weeks prior (for insurance purposes), hated it, used it in the hospital until they weren't looking and unhooked it so I could get some sleep, used it for a coupla weeks after surgery, hated it...quit using it and have been fine ever since.

Weird how diff surgeons have such diff takes on things.

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

themexcellentone
on 9/3/13 9:26 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
I was told to bring mine to the hospital. I use it every night and the only issue I have had is that my mask doesn't fit right any more!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Cathy K.
on 9/3/13 9:35 am

I didn't use mine until about 1 week out. MyDoc. said to make sure the pressure is under 10. I haven't had any problems.

A. Kondrlik
on 9/3/13 11:49 am
VSG on 01/24/13

I also took my CPAP mask with me to the hospital and used it every night I was there.  I was to continue using it as usual after discharge.  I had no problems at all with it.  To be honest my sleep apnea is pretty severe, I am afraid to go without it, until my sleep center clears me to decrease the settings or dc it. Knowing how often I have apnea episodes and how low my oxygen levels go terrifies me. I probably wouldn't have slept at night if I hadn't had it on.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 56 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 227 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 303 views