Has anyone gotten their insurance to pay for protein supplements?

Lisa1023
on 9/9/13 3:06 am
VSG on 03/05/13

my thoughts exactly.  my health insurance premiums are skyrocketting up by the year, higher cost and less covered every single year.  That's why this post got me seeing red too.

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

smithle85
on 9/9/13 3:41 am

Gosh, I didn't mean to make everyone so upset! lol. I was just asking if it was something that could be covered. I also work, and have a great job... I wasn't trying to get something for nothing, I just didn't know if it could be something deductable like on a flex spending account...

Sorry for all the stress... I would delete the post if I could figure out how...

Mommydoo
on 9/10/13 12:33 pm - OR

Do not feel bad about asking this question.  The shame is that people chose to not just respond but to use this as a chance to share their views.  You asked a simple question and deserved a simple answer. 

I too asked a similar question - not because I was trying to work the system but because their is a link on this website for vitamins and protein supplements paid by insurance.  We are hard working family that struggles just like most Americans and all I wanted to was to know if my benefits - WHICH I PAY FOR - included that and if anyone else WHO PAYS THEIR PREMIUMS had already tried this.  Which is what I assume you are trying.  I receive much the same response.

I was just looking for a yes no answer - did you try this program.  But receive upset from it.

I thought this was a support group?  I did not feel that way after my post and have been away from the sight for a while now, just returning.

Anyway, I know this is long but I just don't want you to feel bad, I feel bad for you that you had to go through receiving the responses you did when you were just asking a simple questions as a PREMIUM PAYING insurance holder.

The responses I receive never did answer the question.

My RX coverage paid for the vitamins and the company on the link sent me the drinks for free as a trial.  I did not use them for vitamins or drinks again, however. 

Birdie55
on 9/9/13 4:23 am

Don't delet it.  You aren't the first person to ask and won;t be the last.  If you leave this post, someone searching can find it and get an idea about looking into their FSA for reimbursement.  

Ht 5' 4  SW 181  GW 120 - 125  Age 61  CW 130

Edit   Delete          

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 66 views