Water... DO NOT FORGET THE IMPORTANCE OF GOOD HYDRATION!

AdeanaMarie
on 9/16/13 3:01 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I have to watch my fluid intake for heart reasons, but I have had a headache now for almost two weeks.  Just one of those annoying headaches, nothing major.  Thought it was the weather.  Well, I finally took my own advice I give people.  If you have a headache it is the first sign of dehydration.  Sure enough, just drank 20 oz of plain water and I am already feeling better.  I had been drinking more fake sugar drinks and my protein, so I thought I was getting enough fluids.  At least 64 ounces a day.  But apparently, the fake sugar is taking its toll and my body needed the plain, no filtering needed, water.

Do not forget the benefits of drinking good old plain water:

Staying well hydrated

Flushing toxins

Keeping the bowels regular

Less dry skin/clearer skin

They can find a vein when needed to draw blood

Keeps you from eating too many calories, cause you are busy drinking and following your rules regarding not drinking and eating together

And for me... no headache!

So many more benefits.  How soon we all forget its importance!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

claimmaster
on 9/16/13 3:06 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I so want to get in more plain water.  I think I'm going to order an infuser so that I can add fresh veggies and fruit to the water to flavor it slightly.  I think that would at least be a step in the right direction.

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

AdeanaMarie
on 9/16/13 3:10 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I love plain water with fresh mint, lemons, limes and cucumber.  Very tasty.  I will have to buy that at the store next time I go.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

TexasTerritory
on 9/16/13 3:11 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Love plain water and its benefits. Good advice.

Melody2
on 9/16/13 3:57 am
VSG on 04/10/13

Excellent post!  Thank you.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views