Anyone ever try LED light therapy? For winter blahs.

AdeanaMarie
on 9/20/13 12:05 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Anyone ever try LED light therapy?  For winter blahs.

Did it work for you?  What kind of light did you buy?

Thanks for any input you may have!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Glow2182
on 9/20/13 12:24 am - WA

I get the winter blues every year. I tried an LED light once and didn't really get much relief with it. The light I used was the Phillips goLite which is really intensly blue. I've wanted to try a more natural light to see if that makes a difference but haven't made the jump to purchase one yet.

So far, what I've found that helps me the most is just taking A LOT of extra Vitamin D3. When I am at most most down - usually around December/January I start taking about 10,000 IU per day. Within a day or two I feel great again. I continue the regime until the sun comes back out in Spring.

Good luck!

HW 505  SW 446  GW 200.       VSG Surgery on 1/22/14

Sandy M.
on 9/20/13 12:28 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Yes, I use a Philips GoLite HF3332 every day in the winter for about 30 minutes.  I also take additional Vitamin D.  The combination really seems to help.  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

cappy11448
on 9/20/13 12:30 am

I found that if I made it a point to stand in the sun for a few minutes every once-in-a-while, It helped a lot.  I'd just stop on my way to the car in the morning on sunny days, and let the sunlight hit my face and hands.  It seems to help stave off those winter blues.

Good luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

AdeanaMarie
on 9/20/13 1:06 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Thanks everyone.  Great advice.  Already take Vitamin D, but think I will start increasing it and then more during the really dark Michigan winter.  I do try to get sun every day when we have it, but not enough when it starts getting dark so early.  Some days, in the winter, I literally have no sun time.  Drive to work in the dark, work through lunch, then drive home in the dark.  Have a window at work, but no direct sunlight.  :O(

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views