PEELING SKIN ON MY HANDS??? ANYONE ELSE??

Metamorphosis1
on 9/21/13 5:17 am

I had the sleeve done 3 1/2 weeks ago.  Just these past few days my hands have been peeling ( i mean all of the skin on my hands are peeling off).  After the skin comes off, my palms are dry, sore and  generally pretty nasty looking.

Anyone else experience this at all.  I did a little online research and it seems that it can be related to vitamin deficiencies.  I see the surgeon and the dietician this week and will ask them but thought I would check on here, too.

Take care.  :)

mkvand
on 9/21/13 10:44 am
VSG on 01/06/14 with

I haven't had this, but my brother has.  He'd been eating a lot of fish to up his omega 3s, then got tired of it.  When he stopped eating fish, his hands started to peel.  He went back to the fish.  You should still talk to your doctor, but in the meantime, are you getting enough omega 3s?

MsVonne
on 9/21/13 11:17 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Oh, my goodness yes I had the same thing happen to me and I'm 3 1/2 weeks out too and my right hand peeled like crazy but I guess my vitamins kicked in and my hand healed and my skin was really dry until I was able to kick up the liquids now I'm getting it back together.

Metamorphosis1
on 9/21/13 12:26 pm

Thank you both for your replies.  Glad to know that I am not going crazy!  :)  I will definitely check with the doctor this week and start drinking more water!!  Maybe Omega 3's too??

:)

Cwuddy
on 9/21/13 12:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 08/28/12

If it helps, I had the exact same thing early post-op and what was interesting...I had it again after my hernia surgery 9 months later.  I figure it's either a reaction to anesthetic or it's due to dehydration or reaction to pain killers.  My skin peeled off both hands just like i was a snake.  It wasn't as freaky to me when it happened the second time but interesting I've only had that happen post surgery.

Keep drinking your water and use a good hand cream like Aveeno or something gentle.  Good luck! :)

Vicky - SW = 299   CW = 138

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views