Almost 5 years.....Oh the struggle.

Shanna L.
on 9/21/13 2:47 pm - Canada

So I had my VSG almost 5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I am forever thankful for the surgery and the chance at living again, I just wish I knew what my body wanted! I went from 380-390 down to 230, now I am back up again to around 270-280. Urgh. The issue I am having is bloating in my stomach and what almost feels like pins and needles when I am hungry. Now this happens ALL the time! My husband looks and me and says "you can't seriously be hungry?!?!", well yeah I am! I try to explain to him about the physical pain of my hunger and cannot. I eat very regularily at pretty well the same time everyday, and I still have this happen. Say I eat dinner at 6:30, by 10:30 I am famished!!! Tonight it was around 11-11:30 I started to feel the "pins". I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if you have any clue what it could be. My stomach feels hard as a rock, I thought I might be preggers it is so bad at times. I am going to see my family Dr on Monday and will get him to check it out cause I am getting worried.

If anyone has any info, please feel free to help me :(

"When a GIRL is quiet, Millions of things are running in her mind. When a GIRL is not arguing, She is thinking deeply. When a GIRL looks at you with eyes full of questions, She is wondering how long you will be around. When a GIRL answers "i'm fine" after a few seconds, She is not at all fine. When a GIRL stares at you, She is wondering why you are lying. When a GIRL says I love you, She means it. When a GIRL says "i miss you", No one in this world can miss you more than her."
N2sleeve
on 9/21/13 7:55 pm
VSG on 09/24/13

Hi, ttry going off anything with gluten in it. Be careful as gluten is in a lot of things. also go off milk products. Do this for 3 wks and see how you feel. Then choose one to add back.

I am guessing you are having a gluten reaction. I had the same thing as you, but as long as i leave gluten and maltodextrin alone I am ok. But must be dillengent in researching food. If it has a label  and does not say gluten free..do not eat it.

titaniumEileen
on 9/22/13 9:08 am - NY
VSG on 08/28/13

I only had my surgery 3 weeks ago, but even at this early date I experienced late night hunger.  I realize that it is better for me physically to go to bed before 11, even if I stay up to read or watch the news.  Your story is my biggest fear because it was always hard for me to feel satiated before surgery, and I know that once the honeymoon is over I am going to have to be very careful.  However, it sounds like you have more of a health issue rather than a "head "issue right now.  Please consult your doctor ASAP - why wait for things to get worse?  good Luck  Let us know what the DR said!!!!

slatond
on 9/22/13 11:40 pm

Do you still take something for "acid?" Acid can mimic hunger pains as well. ( just something to try). Glad you're going to see Dr.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 282 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 335 views