Getting dressed in the morning is making me irritable.

Bloodshotbetty
on 9/25/13 12:36 am - minneapolis, MN

None of my clothes fit right.  Stuff is either too big or too small or not work appropriate.  My only bra is too big.  And once something fits right it is too big in 2-3 weeks.  BLECH.

I mean, this is a good problem to have.  And I shop at thrift stores and the clearance section, but there is really only so much you can do!  I pretty much live in dresses but seeing as how I work with kids this is not always the most practical thing for work.  Can't wait until it's cool enough for leggings...!

/end rant.

-Alycia-

mimij
on 9/25/13 1:58 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

It is a great problem to have, but I understand how you feel. I think you will soon get your wish about the cooler weather! Hang in there.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

G5x5
on 9/25/13 2:11 am - VA

LOL I have (almost) the guys equivalent of the same problem.

I saved everything over the years, so on the casual side I have lots of very lightly worn stuff.  So far it's been kind of fun getting rid of the stuff that I know I'll never need again.  However, the stuff I don't quite fit yet, but I know I will, drives me crazy because I want to get into them.  Either way, this is all casual stuff and not for work.

For work I have 13 suits and none of them fit.  On nine of them my waist has dropped over 6 inches so I don't even bother with those.  The remaining four are older and vary between 1-3 inches too large.  So right now I rotate those four suits.  I can't buy new suits because any money spent now will be wasted down the road.  I can't alter the suits any because they have to be recut.  Once recut that's the size they'll stay so it would also be a waste until I'm further along.  Mostly, I'm hoping to salvage the suits (they are nice suits) by recutting them at the last minute (it's cheaper than buying new ones).

So I limp along right now.  Sometimes I buy shoes and T-shirts to soothe my thirst to buy something nice for the smaller me.  Also bought some jackets also because it's easy to buy them tight knowing I'll shrink into them.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Bloodshotbetty
on 9/25/13 2:15 am - minneapolis, MN

I have been trying to buy things that I can shrink into as well.  But I just don't have a ton of money right now to be spending on clothes.  The biggest problem I have is that half of the day I am in the office (business casual) and the other have of the day I am at the childcare sites with the kiddos.  It's hard enough finding an outfit that works for both settings!  It would make my life if I could live in yoga pants and a staff tshirt...

-Alycia-

gorditabonita
on 9/25/13 11:09 am - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

We need a "Love" button....I so feel you!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views