My Swan Song with Lane Bryant

Diana E.
on 9/29/13 9:03 am
VSG on 03/27/13

I am barely, and I do mean barely in the smallest size at LB.  I've been shopping there for over 20 years.  Heck, I even worked there for 5.  Started out at part time sales and left as Store Manager (10 years ago).  So needless to say, the store feels like home.

Went in today, knowing it was my last shopping experience with them (at least it better be).  People in there don't recognize me anymore and that's fine.... means I'm losing lots!  I went in and had some shoes to return (even their shoes are too wide for me now) and a couple real woman dollars to go ahead and use.  The clerk did her normal speal  about the credit card.  I said no thank you..... but the girl wouldn't stop.  So I politely said I had WLS, and I'm barely fitting into the 14's at this point, so thank you, but no thank you.  She rings me up. I hand over the discount cards and she sees I have 5 left.  Clearly, I don't want to use all 5 because it would really be wasteful on my part, given the fact that I have about 4-6 weeks left in my 14's.  I just needed a couple warm items to get me by for now.  Then she starts yammering on about how I should spend the RWD because I shouldn't let them go to waste.... again, politely said I got what I needed to get me by in my current size.  BUT SHE WOULDN'T STOP... so I said, really, I am already pushing it with the 14's the way it is, I can wear 12's, but feel more comfortable for the next few weeks in a 14.  That little turd rolled her eyes at me.  I'm quite certain she doesn't recall the nearly $1,000 transaction she got from me about 4 months ago when I bought a plethora of clothing in 4 or 5 different sizes to get me through.  She was walking on air that day.  I said yes to just about everything she showed me.. AND had her get 2 sizes if I really like it.

Well.... So long LB... thanks for the memories, and THANK YOU for making me happy to walk out of there for the last time... because in all honesty, I had been sad about the transition out (Weird, I know).

Oh, and as I was walking out, there had been a girl in there shopping with her boyfriend.  I overheard them talking about what they could skip or move around so she could get a few new clothes.  I handed her the rest of my RWD before I walked out. Hopefully it helped enough to buy her some clothes without financially hurting them so badly.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Mousesmom
on 9/29/13 9:42 am - OR
VSG on 03/18/13
Very nice. Congratulations!
Miss150
on 9/29/13 10:08 am

Oh, ya, you did a good thing there.  We are all somewhere on the ladder.  You have moved on and made it easier for another.  Good of you.  So, who is/was Lane Bryqnt. Anyways ?  A few months ago I cut up her credit card - no regrets.  Welcome to ate world of " I,can walk into any retail clothing store....".  You're gonna love it.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Diana E.
on 9/29/13 10:53 am
VSG on 03/27/13
Lol...thanks. now to figure out what that "any" store will be.

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

Alese M.
on 9/29/13 11:07 am - FL

Hi Diana...

Congrats on your weight loss....FANTASTIC!!  Loved your story even got a good laugh or two.  Plus, you made that girl feel good for the day while at LB.

I've been shopping in my own closet still and almost scared to try things on!  I had surgery on 7/30/13 and with setbacks of dehydration and now pneumonia (probably from hosp!)...I am beginning to lose the wt I put on just from the IV fluids I was getting.  It isn't official wt loss until I see doctor again but it has been around 45 lbs lost.  Not a big amount....but better than if I had to do it on my own...I never could...

Good Luck to you.  You have a great sense of humor..

alese

Vanessa_M
on 9/29/13 1:44 pm

Great story!  Love it and totally understand. 

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

MsBobbiTX
on 9/30/13 12:26 am
VSG on 09/16/13

Well done!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views