I got up at 5:45AM to exercise, who am I???

AdeanaMarie
on 10/2/13 2:16 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

So can you believe it?  I got up at 5:45AM to do strength training.  Wednesdays I get home late and I did not want that to be my excuse why I did not exercise.  Wow, I feel great today.  I have always exercised after work, dreading it.  That is the other great thing, it is over already, goes quick because I am barely awake and then I do not have to try to fit it in later.  This might become my new obsession.  :O)  With that being said, this stay up late, sleep in as long as you can, gal, is going to have to mourn the loss of hitting snooze 20 times every morning.  I am guessing that can only lead to good things as well.

Still loving the Leslie Samsone's Firm in 30 weight/strength training DVD.  It is part of the one called:  Walk it off in 30.  Next week I am going to add the walking session on the opposite days of the strength training.  So excited for this new phase, liking exercise.  Amazing.  Especially coming from this formerly morbid obese girl who got winded walking a block.  Super geeked!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

claimmaster
on 10/2/13 3:46 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I know how you feel.  When I'm in shape, I LOVE to exercise!  I was too heavy to do much of anything before surgery, but now I'm walking 10,000 steps a day, at least.  My present to myself is a walking trip to Italy next fall.  I can't wait, and am loving getting in shape for it and learning Italian!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Member Services
on 10/2/13 3:47 am - Irvine, CA

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Tracy D.
on 10/2/13 7:39 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Who are you?  Why, you are Workout Warrior Woman, that's who 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

AdeanaMarie
on 10/2/13 10:59 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
Thanks!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Cabin
on 10/2/13 10:12 am

Inspiring post and reply -- I'd say you're hooked. I love the comment that once you're fit you love it. It is that starting from zero that is so difficult. You guys persevered and it's made the difference. What a gift to yourselves!

AdeanaMarie
on 10/4/13 12:32 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

Got up early again today to strength train.  I have so much energy.  Assigned a cleaning day at work today.  I have cleaned all the common areas and my desk area.  Carried stuff to the basement and did some organizing AND got all my regular work done and am caught up so far.  Fridays are light work days, but I have kicked butt with what I have done so far today.  Heading home tonight to clean, do laundry and do weekend chores so I can have a relaxing weekend. Coffee with friend in the AM, then Red Flannel Day USA in Cedar Springs tomorrow.  Parade, craft show, walk around town.  Should be fun!

Going to make this exercise thing a habit!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 90 views