11 Weeks Out - Slow Lose- ?s - REE test anyone else?

Mommydoo
on 10/2/13 2:39 am - OR

So my weight is coming off very slow, I was told several things that seem like a bunch of you know what

1.  I am exercising too hard/much and therefore burning my muscle - supposedly I have lost 1 lb of lean muscle mass for every 2 lbs of fat.

2. My calories were too low.

So I have upped my calories slightly and they told me to stop do Zumba and just do 30 min of cardio a day at a low to moderate intensity or a more minutes is okay as long as low to moderate intensity.  And to lift weights every day rotating between upper and lower body by day.  Which I have done all this.  I sure do miss Zumba though.

Guess what - no difference, up a pound then down that same pound, then up, then down. 

I supposedly "fell through the cracks" on having my metabolic test - REE done before surgery so I just had it done- wow no brainer here - it is low.  But the MA assistant said they are not going to do anything about that at this time and I can't speak to the doctor over the phone because he doesn't do phone calls.  He is booked out and my next appointment with him isn't until January.

Any thoughts on what I should do now?  I am frustrated and sad. 

I am following the rules, doing what I am told and still...

Nancybefree
on 10/2/13 2:50 am
VSG on 11/21/12

Have you taken any measurements?  Any loss of inches anywhere?

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

mickeymantle
on 10/2/13 4:27 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my surgeons office will not tell us how many cal to eat I have been doing 600-700 cal a day , I was just told to make shore to get 80 gm protein

I have been losing slowly for around 1 month hope this stall brakes , I walk and do aerobics in the pool 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hours

I know the weight will have to go because I am burning more cal than I eat , I feel great and every one says I look like im losing but the scale has been slow ,

is the a nut you can talk to that might help you ,my nut is back logged till thanksgiving , they take there vacation this time of year 

how many cal are you eating ?and how much protein

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Mommydoo
on 10/2/13 5:43 am - OR
I was eating 600 but they now want me to eat 1200. I am now doing 800 as I think 1200 is way too high but that is what they ( doctor) has told me bars on my low REE result. Doesn't make any sense to me. Protein - I keep it between 85 and 90.

Highest Weight: 308  Pre-Op Weight: 268 ~ Surgery 7/17/13         

TexasTerritory
on 10/2/13 7:26 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I am losing very slowly also. My dr. told me to increase my calories to 800~~previously I was eating 400 calories. I am following the plan to a T~~yet nothing seems to happen. I know your pain! Hoping things get better soon for you.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 78 views