Gym membership

Joy M.
on 10/2/13 2:17 pm
VSG on 08/06/13

Ok I'll be honest I HATE working out. But I am going to try to work out in an actual gym. Wish me luck!

princesswimmer24
on 10/2/13 2:21 pm - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Yayy!! Good for you!!

mickeymantle
on 10/2/13 3:33 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

see if you can try the gym on a trial  , some give you a free week , or you can pay month by month , I did that for a while before joining by the year, it is cheaper by the year but only if you use it

I go 6 days a week for over 1 year except the month I got sleeved

my gym has a pool with water walking and aqua aerobics classes included it is easier on my knees

you need to find a gym that your comfortable at ,   mine is slow during the day and has many people with health problems during the day they also do Olympic weight lifting so there is something for everyone and no one is judgmental or there to get picked up , 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Keith L.
on 10/2/13 11:30 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I never liked it much either, its much easier and much more fun the more weight you lose. Find something in the gym that you actually have fun doing and don't be afraid to mix it up. The trick to getting started is to not kill yourself the first day. You don't want to be so sore that you can't move. You want to walk out of the gym thinking "that wasn't so bad after all", then you can amp it up over time. Try not to spend any more than 30-45 mins per day your first week. That's how I started and now I get closer to 90-120.

A good way to knock out cardio is to pick the time you want to hit and split it between 3 machine. So if you want to do 30 mins of cardio, do 10 on the treadmill, 10 on a bike, and 10 on an elliptical, rower, or stair machine. It makes the time go by much faster.

Let me know if you want some help coming up with a workout plan. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

AnnaPat
on 10/3/13 5:10 am
Ok, this reply is to both you and Joy - she had surgery one day after me, our stats are really close and I also do not enjoy the actual gym, SO since you graciously said if we need help coming up with a routine . . . Will you give me some ideas to begin? I'm 2 months out from surgery, have been walking but really need to start toning & building muscle to keep up the weight loss. I've been reading your progress, Joy, commiserating over stalls and cheering you on. You're doing great!
Thanks!
VSG on 06/12/13
I am proud to consider myself a gym rat now. Hiring my trainer has made a huge difference in that effort. I was able to sign up for a trial membership through a groupon - 3 months in the gym plus 3 free personal training appts.

Have fun!
Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 159 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 432 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 454 views