About eating Coworkers... I cheated last night...

hopefulop
on 10/2/13 10:29 pm

This is a slap my wrist but also pat myself on the back post.  I called my mom last night (I am 24 years old and I still do this :D) to ask her permission to let me cheat and get the burrito I keep talking about half hoping she would tell me know and half hoping she would be like "Oh, you are 5 days from surgery, you'll be fine." Of course my awesome mom was like... "you'll just puke... go to bed instead." So I did not have a burrito.  I DID still cheat though... by putting a little grated cheese on my allowed smart one... and eating a little from my hand lol.  Then I had three of those sliced sandwich pickles (not even a half a pickle total) and drank the juice when I was still an uncontrollable furry monster.  THAT WAS MY CHEAT!!! My cheat 3 weeks ago would have been to clean out my fridge... and not using the trash can... or running straight out to Ollive Garden... or ordering a pizza..and then to make it more economical using a coupon that would require that I order TWO pizzas.  Sooo... you see what I'm getting at.  Angry at myself for finally cheating but also kinda proud of myself for even declaring this a cheat.  Sorry about the redundancy of the titles, I just know the same people can find it that way! 

Sara

mimij
on 10/2/13 10:39 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Your mom is a wise lady. Listen to her. Just go to bed next time. No judgments, but caring here. You are 5 days postop. Treat your tummy like an infant's tummy please. Be good to yourself. Look at whether you are serious about reaching goal. Just a kind word of advice here, you can take it or leave it. If you are willing to do this at 5 days postop you may have the ability to escalate this behavior so the next cheat may go even a little further. Don't gloat about your cheat. You can do this by following the plan you were given. Best wishes

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

KarenElaine
on 10/2/13 10:54 pm - Manteo, NC

Yeah, you should get some kudos!  You learned and improved your behavior from the past.  It doesn't happen overnight.

Sandy M.
on 10/2/13 11:17 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

Are you pre-op or post-op?  If you're pre-op, forgive yourself and move on.  Do your best and be assured that after surgery it does get easier (although not forever).  

If you're 5 days post-op, I don't think you'd be eating Smart Ones yet.  Or pickles!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

cappy11448
on 10/3/13 12:04 am

I think you are doing great if your cheats are pickles and cheese rather than pizzas and sweets!  This is a huge change in behavior and you should be proud of yourself.  It bodes well for your future success.  Welcome to the Loser's Bench!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

hopefulop
on 10/3/13 12:15 am

Mimij, I am preop not post op.  Guess I should have clarified.  I was posting this more for the enjoyment of others than for advise. Thanks anyway, though.

Everyone else.  Thanks for the kudos!  It was a huge change in behavior and I was so excited about it because right now it is will power not a physical change that kept it from being what it used to be.

NIcolexxo
on 10/3/13 12:27 am
VSG on 09/27/13
Good for you! It really is a big change, so I understand where you are coming from! So kudos to you! With time it will become less and less. Its funny how things change, I'm almost a week post op... My cravings... Salad and an apple... Not my favorite Chinese food my friends ate as I sat at the table with them, not the chili's they ordered my first night home from the hospital... A damn apple and salad! What the hell! Of course the things I'm craving are like the last things to be cleared but hey, all in time lol

Pre-Op 385/Surgery Day 328

tdallison
on 10/3/13 4:02 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Good for you and I am glad you hear your co workers are still safe, LOL

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

docfordogs
on 10/3/13 7:27 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 09/05/13

A cheat that's not a cheat does not equal a cheat.  Sort of like everything multiplied by zero is still zero.  You thought about what you were doing and made a reasonable compromise. 

My last cheat was a week after surgery, I wanted pizza so bad I could all but taste the cheese.  So I ordered one....  For my son.... Who lives in a dorm.... 1500 miles away ;-)  I think it felt good for the both of us.  And it was cheating without cheating.....

You knew the right thing to do and as far as I am concerned, you chose the right thing.  Congratulations on that!!  Preop diet is ridiculously hard.  It gets so much easier after surgery when your physical hunger is not there to egg on the head hunger.....

BTW, I've heard coworkers taste better with a little sriracha sauce.....

P.S.  Try being on a preop diet when your patients make a real nice filet mignon.....  That is HARD!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views