What can I expect...

Lovetocruz
on 10/9/13 10:13 pm - Nashville, NC

I have good idea of post op related issues that follow this procedure, but what can I realistically expect as benefits longtime.  Do you have more energy?   I have become so stiff/not flexible.....will I be able to regain some stretching/bendind ability.  (Its is rediculous how hard it is to pick up a dropped object from the floor).  Does you breathing improve?      Just wondering am I expecting too much.

Deckeriv
on 10/9/13 10:16 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

You will get all of that back. It's like being 25 again.

I can walk miles and not be tired. I can stand for hours and my back doesn't hurt. I can get down on the floor and play with the dog and pop up like a teenager. I can reach down and pick up a paperclip without bending my knees. Life is truly amazing now.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

A. Kondrlik
on 10/9/13 10:21 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

It is vital to inlude regular exercise in your plan to get the maximum benefits.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

Debra M.
on 10/9/13 10:48 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Good luck with your surgery. You have made a decision that will improve your in so many ways that it is hard to list them all without leaving something out. How good you will do and what benefits you gain will all be up to you. You are definitely going to lose weight if you follow your doctors plan. If you are not feeling flexible, take yoga. If you don't have enough stamina to suit you, do some cardio. I think you know where I am going with this. Plan on having fun in your new life. I am.

lil1inside
on 10/9/13 11:55 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

One thing I've already noticed and love is--I used to have to sit a few times whenever I went shopping (I'd always be looking for a place to sit down) because my back would hurt.  I don't have to sit down now--VERY NICE!!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

claimmaster
on 10/10/13 2:23 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

6 Months ago I hated having to go to the bathroom at work because just walking to it was so tiring and I could barely breath.  Now I walk a minimum of 4.5 miles a day and am not tired at all.  You'll be amazed at the difference in what you'll be able to do.  Then it will just be up to you to do it!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

shrinking_sarah
on 10/10/13 2:30 am - CA

A surprising benefit:  I sleep much better since so much weight isn't pressing into whatever part of me I'm sleeping on.  Result:  more energy and alertness, less aches & pains, and feeling better in general.

I have more confidence in many areas.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

mickeymantle
on 10/10/13 2:49 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

first of all you can expect to lose a lot of weight, if you are diabetic it will get much better, your will be able to walk much easier and bend much easier , get less sweaty doing anything , it will also be more fun in bed

bad things to expect , running  to the bathroom to pee all  the time , figuring out when to take your supplements

buying new cloths all the time

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 451 views