Saw hematologist....

Lovetocruz
on 10/9/13 10:38 am - Nashville, NC

And was told I could have surgery!  Will take Lovenox for 6 weeks afterwards to prevent blood clots, now its on to the EGD!  Baby steps, but getting there.

NIcolexxo
on 10/9/13 11:54 am
VSG on 09/27/13

Yay!!! Congrats! Not sure why you had to see a hematologist but I know exactly where you are coming from! I had to see one as well because my white blood cells were high and he had to clear me for surgery! What a sigh a relief that clearance was! Best of luck on your journey!

Pre-Op 385/Surgery Day 328

Member Services
on 10/9/13 11:56 am - Irvine, CA

Awesome news!  Congratulations.  We will be saving you a spot on the Loser's Bench.

mickeymantle
on 10/9/13 3:49 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

when I had my blood work at the beginnings my white bloods cell count was off so I was sent to a hematologist

he said that it was that way to more than 7 years so no problem a few weeks (6)  I get a call that he did not sigh off and I had to see a different doctor because he left the practice so I did and he said my white cells where ok but I had lupus anti coagulate antigen, he said to retest which took a few month and it was also positive , he said it was ok to have the surgery but I would need to have ultra sounds at the hospital twice ( they did it once before I left the hospital because I would nor leave with out it , they forgot about it even though I ask many times about it) I also had to take 1 month of lovenox twice a day, the shots hurt and leave bruises , b ut I did not get a clot so all was well

it was all worth it

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 359 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 405 views