3 Month Update

dreamslim
on 10/14/13 2:05 am - San Antonio, TX

Hi everyone long time no talk. School has been an absolutely busy and I'm even surprised my head hasn't exploded. ANYWAY it's been a 3 months since my surgery. I had my surgery on July 9 and as of today it has been 14 weeks. First off does anyone now how to scale the time is it 3 month at october 9 or when I hit 12 weeks I never know. 

So I started out at my highest weight at 251, surgery day I was 243 and as of this morning I am 202.2!!! For anyone thinking of having the surgery or is having the surgery soon and people are tell you that this is the easy way out you should just turn around and smack them (not literally of course). This has in no way been easy. I have had to change the way that I eat and be very thoughtful about what I'm eating on a daily basis. I've been doing crossfit 3-4 times a week and have been trying to be more active in my life. My God this is in no way easy and anyone that would try to tell you that needs do do your research. There was a point where I hit a stall for about 5 weeks that almost broke me, but luckily it ended cause I was truely scared that the surgery didnt work for me.

As far as food I eat mainly proteins and try to watch the carbs. Sometimes I feel depending on the day I can eat more than usual, but I have pushed myself to far which is painful and can make you throw up so I try really hard to recognize when I'm full and leave it there.  I also do get hungry, but it only takes a little to make it subside. As for working out I started with crossfit right when they cleared me. I really love crossfit because I usually would go to the gym and barely do anything but with crossfit it makes you want to work harder and push yourself.

For my NSV's my clothes are really baggy on me now!! most of my jeans are falling off me and everything is so loose. I also have some old clothes that didn't fit me but were too cute to get rid of and some clothes I bought before the surgery in a smaller size that fit now which is very exciting. I will say that the mind is a powerful thing because if I look at myself in the mirror I really don't see the weight loss so the clothes really help me keep everything in perspective. I also I haven't notice any loose skin yet which I'm really happy about.

In the end my goals for right now are to loose three more pounds this week so I can make my goal of 50Lbs before 16 weeks and finally be under 200lbs for the first time since high school I believe. Then by my trip to Nigeria in December I want to be in the 180s. After the new year I'll see where I am and start making some new goals then but I do have possibly a cruise and a wedding in march and april I am trying to be ready for. 

My advice would be don't weigh yourself to much because especially during my stall period I was going crazy obsessed so now I shoot for once every two weeks. Also, I will admit not eating some not so good things but it's more so to keep me from getting tired of just eating chicken or turkey everyday, but it's very rare and usually on days that I have crossfit.  And by not so good I mean maybe a piece of bread or some skinny cow chocolate clusters. But just make sure to track your food as much as possible. I also find different things to make that are high in protein like a rack of lamb, duck breast, or lobster tail just to switch it up a little. 

Anyway if anyone knows how to at pics let me know so I can upload some before and afters on here. But this is the best thing I ever done and I'm already starting gain more confidence and I would totally recommend it to someone else. 

TexasTerritory
on 10/14/13 2:32 am
VSG on 07/22/13
So happy for you

(deactivated member)
on 10/14/13 2:39 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

Congrats! You will definitely get to Onederland before you know it. I count the months from the day of my surgery 4/30/13 so every 30th of each month I do my measurements and document my weight. Keep up the great job!

hopesmom
on 10/14/13 8:32 am
VSG on 09/26/13
Congratulations! Great job on your progress!

HOPESMOM

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 126 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 361 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 407 views