Birth Control Question/Progress

MysonMysoldierMyHer
o

on 10/13/13 3:20 pm - CO
VSG on 09/17/13

I'll be 4 weeks post op this coming Tuesday. (VSG on 9-17-13) and I finally had my first period since August 21,2013. My surgeon took me off my birth control 2 weeks prior to my surgery. Today I just started back my birth control and wondered if any of you had any issues with your weight loss slowing from them. I take pills Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo  (the lowest dose 28 day cycle pack). If you had an issue with pills, what birth control did you choose to prevent this?

Also can you tell me if I'm on track with my progress so far. Since 2 weeks post op I've been able to get in 80+oz of liquid, 50g+ of protein, all my vitamins and minerals. My calories are around 400-600 with carbs under 40g. Since post op day 10, I was moved on to puree and at 2 weeks post op to soft foods. I am able to eat 2oz of the following tuna, chicken (moist and cut up small) and fish. I also eat yogurt, cheese (soft), refried beans, lunch meat with cream cheese rolled up, hormel turkey chili no beans and eggs. I have been able to keep everything down with no nausea. I liked protein drinks before VSG, however I can not tolerate them post surgery.  (My surgeon is aware and ok with me getting my protein from food). I walk 2.5miles daily since 2 weeks post op. 

I did hit the 3 week stall, and did not panic. (very hard not to)  I believe it broke yesterday (fingers crossed as the scale moved again). My surgeon doesn't want me to weigh myself daily until 1 year out. If I need to change anything please lend me your advise. 

Lost 10lbs (pre-op diet) and 15lbs so far under 4 weeks.

Thanks for your help.     Veronica 

Debra M.
on 10/13/13 10:10 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
It sounds to me like you are doing extremely well. Way to go. Keep up the good work. I am very proud of you for not getting all worked up over the inevitable stall.

I am very close to goal so I stall for three weeks and then lose a pound or two then repeat. My body seems to have a rhythm and I am good with that. . I guess you burn fewer calories as you get smaller. We are so fortunate we were able to get VSG.

MysonMysoldierMyHer
o

on 10/14/13 2:15 am - CO
VSG on 09/17/13
Thanks Debra! As a newbie I find that I question if I'm doing everything I can to lose as much as I can in this honeymoon phase. Thank you for you encouraging words. Congrats on being a role model for me and an inspiration to follow. I wish you much luck and continued success as you lose those last few pounds.

Thanks again, Veronica
PS....I'll be re-checking my measurements on Tuesday (4weeks post op) so I'll keep you posted.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 195 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 281 views