Hi OH family, who's Pre-Op playing the run around town taking tests game?

1enviousladybug
on 10/17/13 1:07 pm

Hello, I would like to hear from those who are still in the testing stage and find out how your are coping with the stress of waiting and testing and waiting and testing then waiting again. 

mrseveland
on 10/17/13 2:07 pm

I've been on this journey 16 months now, so I had to give in instead of keep fighting.  I'll have the dang surgery when it happens! 

MrsEveland

Highest weight: 304     Surgery weight: 242     Goal weight: 140

APhoenixAlwaysRises
on 10/17/13 6:14 pm
VSG on 11/05/13

ME! This week was my testing week too. Go here, go there, now back over that way again, lol. My test later today to prove I quit smoking is the one I was the most worried about and now the least worrisome. I honestly didn't think I could quit but here I am at almost 3 weeks smoke free and feeling amazing! :) Hang in there. I don't know when your surgery date is, or if you have one yet, but you must be getting close. I am glad for the distraction of all the running around because once that is over I just sit and wait for another 2 weeks. A very long 2 weeks I imagine it is going to be. We can hang out here and wait it out. 

megan.sherman
on 10/17/13 11:44 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

I go to Geisinger in PA and they do everything right there.  I fortunately had a gallbladder ultrasound recently so I just had to get a copy of the report.  I had $1600 dollars worth of blood work to find out that I had low Vitamin D.  I had a metabolism test which was the worst torture I have ever experienced.  I have never had an abnormal EKG (well, I have never had an EKG at all) so they didn't make me get one done...which I thought was odd.

It will all be worth it in the end!

MAchick
on 10/17/13 11:50 pm
VSG on 01/27/14
Me!! I've Been doing my appointments the past month and then someone at the office told me that my insurance rarely covers vsg, only bypass. Sooo I am going to find a way around this! I meet with the medical director next week and that will be first and forefront. I just had an ekg yesterday, have another sleep study the first week of November. I'm hoping everything works out because I'd like to surgery by the end of the year. ..
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 97 views