2 1/2 WEEKS POST VSG AND NAUSEA IS DRIVING ME MAD!

firefightinfemale25
on 10/21/13 2:52 am
VSG on 10/02/13

I was sleeved October 2, 2013, it's been two and a half weeks now.  Nausea set in a few days ago and WILL NOT go away... having a hard time with liquids with all this nausea let alone blended soup of any sort and frankly not getting enough protein in!  I have no idea what to do at this point, it gets so bad I just go to bed and curl up and try to avoid the ever so painful vomiting experience!  Any ideas on what I can do to get through this?

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 3:18 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Call your surgeon!  Did he prescribe you anti-nausea meds?  I was given some, but at this point have not had nausea.  I hope I don't get it like you did, but I have my anti-nausea meds just in case. My doctor said that some people will get it right away, or soon after, but it always goes away.  I vomited the day of my surgery & the day after, so I know exactly how painful it is.

Again, call your doctor, and I hope you feel better soon. 

firefightinfemale25
on 10/21/13 3:34 am
VSG on 10/02/13

My husband called the surgeons office and explained to the nurse what was going on and I guess they are going to call some anti-nausea meds to the pharmacy... here's to hoping!

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 4:52 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Glad to hear!

tdallison
on 10/21/13 3:51 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Are you taking a ppi like Prilosec?  It helps me alot.

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

firefightinfemale25
on 10/21/13 5:11 am
VSG on 10/02/13

no I am on zantac 150mg twice a day, and honestly it feels like a challenge keeping anything down, even my pills.. unfortunately the surgeons office hasn't called anything yet so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get  the anti nausea pills from the pharmacy.. blah!

AT3
on 10/21/13 2:21 pm - New Brighton, MN
VSG on 09/12/13

I ended up getting really nauseous when I started pureed food. It happened when I ate or drank anything.  I thought it was related to that, but now 2 weeks later I finally figured out that I was dehydrated. I was taking Levsin and Zofran and it still didn't completely eliminate it.  I feel much better now that my doctor's office ordered me to have an IV to get re-hydrated.  You mentioned that you were having a hard time with liquids, so keep an eye on that. I'm not sure if you can be dehydrated this soon after surgery...but it may be something to consider.

Best!

HW 328, Ist appt wt 294, SW 277  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 63 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 246 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 314 views