1 Week Post-Op

jenamir21
on 10/21/13 9:05 am, edited 10/21/13 9:13 am
VSG on 10/14/13

Hey Everyone! Just wanted to share that today makes one week since I had surgery last Monday! So far it has been an up hill battle especially with getting all my protein in, but I am doing ok with the fluids. Since surgery I have lost 10 pounds the first week, and my total all together is 33 pounds lost since I started my pre-op diet on 09/29/13.

Btw: I tried some mashed potatoes today and I ate them slowly and they did not affect me at all. I just had to try something different. So tired of water...chicken broth....sugar free jello...crystal light!  I will be glad when I am off all liquids..one more week left! Thank God!

I tried to post a pic but I am not sure how...any tips???

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 9:31 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Great job!

I'm so glad my plan doesn't call for liquids. I am struggling to get enough calories & protein in, too, but it is getting easier every day.

jenamir21
on 10/21/13 9:39 am
VSG on 10/14/13

@losingsarah how long after surgery could u start eating semi-solid or solid foods. My surgeon told me to do 2 weeks of liquids and the third week is semi-solids...then the fourth week is soft-solids. I am like when will I every be able to eat again? lol

28 YO 5'11 HW:315 GW:185 SW:293

LosingSarah
on 10/21/13 10:11 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

My surgeons plan calls for liquids the first two meals on day 1 post op, then I was allowed pureed food & super soft foods chewed down to apple sauce consistency from this point on until I'm 4-6 weeks post op.  I have been eating things like Greek yogurt, cream of wheat made with light original soy milk for breakfast everyday so far, pureed bean & ham soup (lots of protein), and more.  If I wasn't allergic to avocado, banana, and eggs I'd be allowed those, too, as long as the bananas and avocados are pureed, and the egg is SUPER soft scrambled.  He said once I hit 4 weeks I can start to experiment with solids, but if it's not working for me to keep going with pureed & soft foods.

The "thicker" foods (if you can even say that about pureed food, lol, I have to eat very slow.  The looser food are easier for me to eat.

FLParrotGirl
on 10/22/13 12:42 am
VSG on 10/14/13
I also have been eating Greek yogurt and cream of wheat. It is so delicious. Who would have ever thought I would say that? Lol

I'm 1 week out too. Can't wait for puréed foods.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views