I'm in a dark room and not familiar with the contents...

Miss150
on 10/25/13 3:00 am

One week left in October-September has already slipped away-and I've been at goal since the end of August.  All this time  has felt like I've been wandering around in a new and unfamiliar room and it's dark and I don't know exactly where the lights are at.  I want to see where I'm now living- want to get comfortable here- find my purpose and function.  How do I fit into this new environment?  Just saying this is strangeness to me, and the uneasy feelings  I interpret as me not doing it right- shouldn't I be striving or waiting or anticipating or...hmmm- Crossing the Jordan to the promised land of maintenance dosen't exactly guarentee enlightenment.  As a matter of fact, for me, just a small candle would help.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

moonglo82
on 10/25/13 3:07 am
VSG on 03/29/12

I hear ya!  I remember that feeling well. 

I had to learn to think of maintenance as a different part of the same journey rather than an end to the original one.  If you're maintaining and you're happy and healthy, there's not really a "doing it wrong."  It really is somewhat anti-climactic on some level... kind of like turning 30.  I was really nervous about hitting 30 all through my 29th year because I didn't want to feel "old"... but now I'm almost 31 and realizing how silly that was.  And just like having another birthday, the journey hasn't changed.  My needs may have changed a little (just like they have due to the fact that I'm no longer a teenager) but the ultimate goals of getting healthy and staying there have gone nowhere. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

frisco
on 10/25/13 3:09 am

We are about same, same...... from Super Morbid ------> to Super Model....... 54BMI to 23.9

Your candle------------> If your cals are around 1200 in early maintenance, you can't veer to much either way to fast and you adjust from there.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

SophieNJ
on 10/25/13 9:14 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I'm not there yet, but I too wonder won't I be thinking/feeling I should be striving/waiting/etc to lose weight....
i can only imagine how strange that must feel to you...being in a certain mode, and now not.  I've been in that mode most of my 60 years...

I would think it's something to adjust to, as a 'new normal'.....but, it's a wonderful place to be, isn't it? 

hugs,

Sophie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 465 views