The waiting is driving me crazy!

tabethav
on 10/24/13 1:10 am - Glen Burnie, MD

I thought I had everything finished and ready to have my paperwork submitted to insurance but then I get a call yesterday and they told me that I need a 5-year weight history from my doctor. The PCP that I go to now, I've only been with since January 2012 so I had to go back to my old doctor and get my office visit notes with them for the past few years. I thought I would have a problem getting them but surprisingly I didn't. I was able to stop in there on my lunch break and pick them up! So then I called my current PCP and requested a letter from her stating what my weight has been for the past 2 years. This letter also needs to state that she is clearing me to have this surgery, which she is. What I thought would be a quick, 30 minutes at the most, letter has now turned into day #2 :( I even typed and emailed the lady at the front desk the letter so all they would have to do is fill it in and print it on their letterhead. This morning I emailed her to make sure she received it and almost 3 hours later, still didn't hear back from her. Well, my impatient self just called there and she told me she is working on it and will have the doctor sign it today. I really hope so because my doc is off on Fridays and if I have to wait until Monday, I will be anxious all weekend LOL. This is the ONLY thing that's stopping my surgeons office from submitting to insurance. I'm sure you all that have already been through this can see why this is so frustrating and that I'm not just crazy! LOL

Sorry, just had to vent!

<3Tabethav<3

C. Hess
on 10/24/13 1:17 am
VSG on 10/15/13

I drove myself crazy while waiting!! No one seemed to want to move on my time schedule...lol. Hopefully they will get the letter and get it submitted soon. I would not feel bad about calling them first thing Monday morning if I did not receive it by then. Good luck!

tabethav
on 10/24/13 1:39 am - Glen Burnie, MD

I hope so too! Believe me, I will be on the phone the minute that office opens on Monday if I don't get it today lol. Thank you!!

<3Tabethav<3

pharmagirl_45
on 10/24/13 1:37 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I know how you feel!  I just got DENIED today and have to get a letter from my PCP!  I'm hoping they will send it today so the surgeon's office can resubmit for an appeal!

Make sure you stay on them!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

tabethav
on 10/24/13 1:44 am - Glen Burnie, MD

Oh wow, that stinks! I hope you win your appeal! Good luck to you kiss You better believe I will be on their butts!

<3Tabethav<3

jamie99d
on 10/24/13 11:08 am
VSG on 02/17/14

I understand!!!! I did all my testing and paperwork turned it in and had a date set for 5/23/13 and even started my 2 week pre op diet. Then I get a call from the insurance company that said "We received everything and it looks good, BUT you have to have our insurance a year BEFORE we will cover it!!! I was/am so bummed my year will be Feb 2014. I am starting to get excited tho its coming pretty quick!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views