Amazed,,,had surgery on 10/30

tahoelady
on 11/1/13 7:21 am - NV
VSG on 10/30/13

I cannot believe how wonderful I feel. I was so ready for pain and nausea, but only minimal pain, In fact have taken no paine meds or antinausea and feel great. I even asked surgeon if he actually did surgeon. He laughed and said just a video, however even repaired hiatal hernia too. I just hope this great outcome continues. Wish everyone the same experience.

kentj
on 11/1/13 7:50 am

Had my surgery on 10/14 and never took anything, no nausea, no pain, etc.  I asked my surgeon and he informed me he did a perfect sleeve surgery (not much humor to him).  He repaired a large hiatal hernia also and thought that might give me some discomfort.  Nothing.  We have been very lucky.  I'm so ready at 64 y.o. to start this journey.  He said I was a lightweight so wouldn't lose a ton of weight, but I've already lost 17# and feel great.  Just wish I could work up more energy to get some good walking in.  Need to do it first thing in the a.m. instead of running errands, cleaning, etc.  Still having trouble getting all my water in.  It seems to be either get the protein in or get the water in.  I'm focusing on the protein and getting in as much water as I can right now.  Congrats on your new sleeve.  We need to compare our progress as we go.  I'm so excited.  God bless.

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/13 7:50 am - AZ
VSG on 10/17/13
My surgery was on the 17th and my experience is exactly the same! I took some anti-nausea one time and since then I have been absolutely awesome! I have had a lot of surgeries, but this one by far was the easiest recovery of any!

We are lucky gals!
LosingSarah
on 11/1/13 7:57 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I've had a great experience, too!  I'm so thankful. :)

Slapshoot
on 11/1/13 10:12 am - Canada
Had my surgery on August 26 and had similar reaction. Very little pain, no nausea. There doesn't seem to be very much hat bothers me. Feeling lucky!

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/13 1:16 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

I'm so glad your recovery has been smooth so far. I wish you the best on your recovery and weight loss.

Kyraiyne
on 11/1/13 3:14 pm - Walton , KY
VSG on 10/30/13
I was also sleeved on 10/30 and I can not believe how fantastic I feel! I'm still learning how to navigate OH but once I do I'll load pics and more info. I can't remember the last time I've looked forward with such excitement! I'm going to send you a friend request since were "sleeve sisters" ! Congrats!!
Somedude
on 11/1/13 7:42 pm
VSG on 10/31/13

I was sleeved on the 31st and I too am wondering if my surgeon just poked five holes in me then glued them shut and called it a day!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/13 2:17 am - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

So glad to see so many early positive outcomes!  I have surgery on Monday!  Thanks for posting this, I will carry your positive energy with me next week!!

tahoelady
on 11/2/13 3:12 am - NV
VSG on 10/30/13

Best of luck. You will also be amazed! Positive thoughts sent your way!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views