NSV - Agility trial with Beau

cheryls222
on 11/11/13 1:10 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

After 5 months off and only 8 weeks out of surgery, we went to the AKC agility trial on Saturday.  I was not sure what to expect.  We just started back with classes 2 weeks ago.

OMG!!  I ran sooo fast. I was beating my fast dog to the critical points in the course. Beau has NEVER had to chase me.  I always directed him from behind.  My second run was clean.  We Q'd (clean run), was 3rd place, and got our last Q to get our Excellent Std title!  I got lots of comments about my new speed and weight loss from my agility friends who have not seen me in  a long time.

My agility future is looking bright!  Just wait until I have lost a ton more weight and am fit!

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/13 2:12 am

AWESOME! I know how tough running those courses can be for someone who is overweight. You guys have to really haul ass around that ring! So good for you!!!!!

I show conformation, so quite a bit different, but I too, can say how nice it is to be able to run along side my dog with such ease and without pain and shortness of breath and profuse sweating!

Just wait until you are at goal. The difference is truly going to be amazing.

Congrats on your last Q! Earning each new title is so great. I took a group 4 with my Airedale dog this weekend and finished his GCH with a 5 and 4 point major.

What's your breed?

cheryls222
on 11/11/13 2:47 am - Bothell, WA
VSG on 09/12/13

Way to go with your group 4 and GCH!  Conformation is no walk in the park either!  You have to present the right total picture to the judge which is hard to doing sweating and trying to caught your breath! Good for you!!

My dog is a Sheltie. He has his Canadian Conformation Championship.  I got him because he was naughty in the ring.  He did not want to stand around and look pretty. He was not happy.  Thankfully his breeder decided to let him go to a good active home.  He needed a job. I was happy to give it to him!

Starting W: 320  Surgery W (9/12/13): 279.8.

shannonmcgee
on 11/11/13 3:56 am
VSG on 12/09/13

Coming from an agility family I know what hard work it is. I am so happy to hear. Im sure Beau feels your energy and your weight loss has increased his confidence as well. Keep up the great job!!!! Pretty soon you will be posting with 1st place wins :)

Most Active