Pre-Op appt today

laviecharmee
on 11/20/13 5:36 am - CA
VSG on 12/16/13

Well I had my pre-op appt this AM. I feel like I am dizzy with information.... fortunately most if it was also handed to me as well as told to me so at least I can go home and re-read everything. The nuts and bolts are as follows: two week liquid protein diet before surgery.... also I need to have some simple blood work done (CBC with differentials) Other than that, the surgical team will call the Friday before surgery to give me all the last minute details.  (what time I need to be there etc) Surgery is on 12/16 and it is laparoscopic with just 5 small incisions. After surgery there will be a leak test and then wake up and walk. The night of surgery is more walking and ice chips. The next morning will be another leak test followed by the consumption of some liquids if all is well, then home I go. Then on Wednesday I will begin the protein and water stage until I see the surgeon again on 1/2/2014.

I am writing this for a few reasons... 1) so I don't forget. 2) to see how it compares with others :)

looking forward to hearing others experience.

~ Kim     Never take away someone's hope, it may be all they have left

(DEC  -19)  (JAN  -16.4)  (FEB  -9.2)  (MAR -13.5)  (APR -4.8)  (MAY -4.6)  (JUN -8)

Nancybefree
on 11/20/13 5:39 am
VSG on 11/21/12

That sounds very close to my experience. 

So excited for you!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

reader101
on 11/20/13 6:34 am

I was also dizzy from all the information. It was very overwhelming. I have my second surgeon appt in the morning and I have a "note" started with all my questions that were probably answered on dizzy day. I have surgery Dec 3. I only have to do the liquid diet for one week and it is the optifast products. 7 items a day. Protein shakes, soups and a couple of protein bars. I too go for pre surgery blood work. I have a history of blood clots so I have to bridge my blood thinner with Lovenox and then resume my coumadin post surgery. I can't believe I am less than two weeks away. It has been a long year!! Good luck to you lavie!