Breakfast Hash

mdusha
on 11/23/13 10:36 pm, edited 11/23/13 10:40 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

As the holidays approach, I find myself craving slightly more complex meals. Today, I experimented by making a breakfast hash with bacon, turnips, celeriac, herbs, and green onion with an egg on top. It was really yummy and VSG friendly. A friend visiting from the UK tried it and gave it her seal of approval. I'm going to try to post a pic.

Hmmm...might have to post to my profile instead.

Ok, it's on my profile. I'm on my iPad and can't figure how to upload to a post from here.

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

A. Kondrlik
on 11/23/13 11:32 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

I love veggies for breakfast. My current obsession is mushrooms sauteed in Pam with garlic salt, with my eggs.  I also saute kale or spinach and put an over easy egg on top.

i have a rutabaga in the fridge, cant quite figure out what to do with it.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

mdusha
on 11/23/13 11:53 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Mashed rutabaga is great...but I think it would also play a nice role in the hash I made for breakfast.  Rutabaga has a more assertive flavor than turnip, but I think it can be used similarly, though perhaps in lesser amounts.

themexcellentone
on 11/24/13 3:54 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Sounds good, but I have a silly question.  What is celeriac?  A root, stem...?  I don't think I've seen it at our grocery store and it's known for having an amazing produce selection.  Just curious about what it is. :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

mdusha
on 11/24/13 4:58 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

It's a root....a particular sort of celery root...has a taste crossed between potato and celery. It's some kind of ugly when you buy it, but tastes really good!

Most Active