Goal reached???!! Keith? Somebody??

ababenoit
on 11/24/13 6:39 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13

Ok... Goal reached! How do I stop loosing?? I'm below my goal... Eating things I shouldn't to try to stop and still loosing. What do I do?

happyteacher
on 11/24/13 6:46 am

Relax, and CONGRATULATIONS!!! 

First, don't go nuts and start eating everything in site.  Hopefully you have tracked and weighed, so you have a clear idea of the intake levels that promoted your weight loss.  Add in 100 calories a day if your recent weight loss rate was slow, maybe more if it was still coming off at a good clip.  Do that for a week and monitor your weight.  Repeat as needed until you stabilize.  The food you add in should be nutritionally sound choices, and not permission to eat a bunch of crap everyday.  You can still slide back into your old crappy eating habits just as easily now as you could have at the beginning of this process.  Be mindful.  Track.  You will do great.  Congrats again!!

Be warned, if you were eating low calories (800 or less) once you add in some calories you may see an initial drop of a few pounds.  No guarantees, but each time during the weight loss phase I added calories in it triggered an initial drop of several pounds.  Putting weight back on is faster than it was pre-op (for me at least) also, so be careful.   

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ababenoit
on 11/24/13 6:56 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13

Thanks for the response!! I'm only taking in about 600-700 calories a day and staying under 50 carbs. I'm so use to watching the carbs 1st! If I'm adding in calories what should I do as far as carbs?

sonia29
on 11/24/13 7:01 am

I would ask Elina or Frisco:) congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

happyteacher
on 11/24/13 7:21 am

There is a difference between types of carbs.  I would still avoid processed or white carbs.  Stick to carbs from veggies, fruit, and whole grain- and sparingly on the whole grain.  Lentils, beans, etc. are good.  Look for choices that are low on they glycemic index.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 7:46 am

You need to increase calories, start by going to about 1000 calories.  Make sure you are getting at least 100 grams of protein, and increase your fats first. Eat more nuts, oils, avocados, and you can even add a little full fat mayo and butter.  Don't go crazy, remember, calories still count.  See how this works for you, if you are still losing, feel free to add in about 100 calories at a time for a few weeks and see what happens.  You can also add in some healthy carbs, like sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice, but still count your carbs to learn where your maintenance level is going to be.  For me, this is close to about 80-100 grams of carbs a day. I hope this helps.

Keith L.
on 11/24/13 7:46 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Are you happy with where you are? If you are then start increasing your calories a little bit. By 200-300 a day per wee****il your weight loss stabilizes. If you are not happy with where you are, stay on the losing path.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ababenoit
on 11/24/13 9:53 am - LA
VSG on 04/08/13

Thanks for the responses guys! If I increase to 1000.. Which seems hard of I'm eating the right things... What should my carbs be? Sorry for the questions.... I have been on a mission for 7 months and it's all about carbs!

(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 2:44 pm

Carb levels for maintenance differ for everyone. I would gradually increase my carbs from 50 to 80 and see what happens. I do really well on 80-100 per day. I can actually go as high as 150 per day without gaining, but don't really like to because keeping carbs low alleviates cravings that happen whenever I start going over about 120 carbs per day.

I'd concentrate on adding a few healthy fat servings per day or adding a healthy meal to your day to stop the weight loss. I ended up adding an extra meal. That has worked pretty well for me.

edelu
on 11/25/13 5:03 am - los angeles, CA

I had the same problem and went down all the way to 101 and it was scary I'm 5'4.  I added fats.  Nuts, avocado, full fat Greek Yogurt, more olive oil to my salads.  It improved my skin and hair also so it worked like gangbusters.  The nuts thing i did stop because i did not know when to stop and started just having half a handful on my salad with some blue cheese.  Keep it healthy.  Still avoid salt and bad carbs like the plague.  Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 255 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 321 views