3 Weeks of Shakes and Broth? REALLY?

Ms_J
on 11/24/13 7:39 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

I hate this. And I'm only 5 days post-op. That's 16 more days of nothing but shakes and broth (and I'm not a popsicle or Jell-o fan). Seriously, my high point of the day is getting to eat my calcium chews. I get really excited when it comes to calcium chew time just because it's a solid I get to chew.

mickeymantle
on 11/24/13 7:51 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I was allowed  baby food any thing that would go thru a strainer , strained cream soup , yogurt with out chucks of fruit

and I only had 2 weeks of liquid post op the all foods ,starting with softer stuff

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Ingrid K.
on 11/24/13 8:13 am - Canada
Ya it sucks, but it is what you have to do. How badly do you want a healthy body? I would do just about anything. And I did exactly what my doctor ordered. good luck to you and dontdon't give up. It is so worth it.
Ms_J
on 11/24/13 9:19 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

I always feel better just saying how much I hate something. Lol. I certainly do not plan on giving up. ;-)

I can't wait for the low-fat cottage cheese and low-fat refried beans stage! 

Ingrid K.
on 11/24/13 9:25 am - Canada
I thought I was in heaven when I had a piece of Melba toast!!!! It gets alot better. Take care :)
(deactivated member)
on 11/24/13 10:18 am, edited 11/24/13 10:19 am - NV
VSG on 11/04/13

Nothing wrong with venting now and then!

There are no words for the joy of adding refried beans!  Just so good! 

Can you have popsicles?  I bought a little Zoku popsicle maker.  You can put pretty much any liquid in it.  I thinned out plain greek yogurt with lemon juice and sugar free Torani syrup (to the consistency of a protein shake) and then put it in the Zoku and 10 minutes later a perfect popsicle.  That way it was something different and I was still getting protein.

http://zokuhome.com A single is about $24

OK I just reread your post and saw that you don't like popsicles.  Curses.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/24/13 2:10 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

OMG the popsicle maker looks amazing! I'm ordering one now, and I think several people I know are getting them for Christmas presents!!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Noor1969
on 11/25/13 4:55 am

Funny...I found one brand new at a garage sale (yay me!) but I haven't used it yet. Will have to dig it out and try some popsile recipes! 

newdawn64
on 11/24/13 9:37 am

I'm five days out too, and, it's killin' me.  I'm not having any problem with getting the water in, but the broth...UGH!  Certainly never thought I'd say it, but I HATE anything sweet!  Can't wait to get to the next phase!  Hang in there!

brynn3
on 11/24/13 9:49 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

my doc made it 6 weeks. around week 4 it wasnt so bad, but this week has been hard.  before I was craving meat, yesterday candy.  took the kids to see Catching fire and sucked on sf werthers through the movie.  its hard and it does suck, but it should pass quickly, hopefully.  lol

brandy

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views