Scared

Nancy1221
on 11/26/13 10:46 am

I'm almost 6 months post op I've been doing great started at 236lbs and I'm down to 179lbs I feel and look amazing ;) but  I'm starting to eat some of the foods that I shouldn't be eating. (Fast food and candy) I'm hungry all day but yet I'm still losing weight. I'm afraid that these bad habits will hurt me in the long run. I have to keep reminding myself every day why I did this. 

happyteacher
on 11/26/13 10:49 am

Stop going through the drive through and buying the candy.  You have to know that it is slowing your weight loss, and leading you toward poor eating habits.  You can choose to stop now!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Nancy1221
on 11/26/13 10:51 am

I know :( I need to stop. I'm scared that this was a waste for me. 

themexcellentone
on 11/26/13 11:52 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Are you attending a support group or seeing a therapist about these issues?  Either of those might be a good place to start dealing with those.  You must change the way you look at food and what its role in your new life is. 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

getitgirl
on 11/26/13 10:54 am

I think it's a mind thing. Just remember why you decided to have the surgery and how far you have come. You wouldn't want to have to start over after gaining back the weight you have lost. Refocus and get back on track. ! hang in there. 

LosingSarah
on 11/26/13 11:22 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Are you going to any kind of support group for eating issues or doing any kind of therapy? It might be a good idea!

Stop eating that stuff, too. You know this. You know you can do it. You have done it. The longer you stay away from the junk the easier it gets to stay away from it. That first bite led you back to old habits. It's just like any other addicts vice.

Good luck!!

mmmesser
on 11/26/13 12:26 pm

You say that you are hungry all day...that sounds not possible...meaning either the sugar/carbs are tricking you into making you feel hungry and/or your head hunger is tricking you into thinking you are hungry and/or you are not drinking enough and/or not eating enough protein, etc.  I know I wanted to eat on some really good Italian restaurant style delicious smelling and looking pizza at a Baby Shower Sunday night.  I even reasoned with myself that it had protein on it (cheese and chicken was on one pizza) and it was thin crust, extra crispy...so yeah, out of all things delectable it was a pretty good option but I reasoned that it wasn't time for me to eat and the restaurant style is not on my approved things to eat (pizza is my favorite and I have made protein and vege only pizza since being post-op so I could get some pizza in on my new healthy terms).  I even told myself that I was hungry (I was hungry..hungry for a piece of that pizza).  Instead, I just kept putting my decaf unsweet tea to my lips and asked my partner to describe the sensory experience for me as she ate the pizza and I was able to stay and have a good time without eating.  So, I understand your pain (as most of us do) but you have to face facts that you have a food addiction problem that your 'sick' mind is going to use against you and continually try and trick you.  So knowing that first off might can help with overcoming or at least withstanding the trickeries it throws at you without giving in to them.  Take care of yourself because it's up to you to do this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views