Where might I find pre-surgery simple/crockpot recipes?

childof60s
on 12/1/13 6:50 am
VSG on 12/17/13

I'm new to this site and am having my surgery on December 17th.  I'm not much of a cook, having gained and gained on take out food.  I'm beginning my "three protein drinks and one small healthy dinner a day" two week diet tomorrow, and other than baking chicken in the oven at 350 after dipping in low cal thousand island dressing, I don't have any other recipes that aren't cheesy/fattening/creamy.  I have a crock pot which I love but not sure how to use it for my current diet.   I don't eat pork.  Any help available on this site?  THANK YOU in advance!

Immediately after surgery: Blood sugars normal, metformin discontinued! Month 1: 18.2 lbs lost;  Month 2: 11 lbs lost.  Month 3: 11 lbs lost

TexasTerritory
on 12/1/13 6:55 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I love to make 9-bean soup in my crockpot. Good luck.

Noor1969
on 12/1/13 7:45 am

There are a ton of crokpot recipes on food.com. Just do a search for "slow cooker" or crockpot" and you'll find them. Not all of them are healthy, but I do a lot of slow cooking and I've found that most of them are tweakable to include healthy ingredients. There's a great recipe for rotisserie-style whole chicken baked in the crockpot on there somewhere...I make it all the time. You can just remove the skin before eating or have your butcher remove the skin for you.

Also if you Google "healthy slow cooker/crockpot recipes" I'm sure you'll find a lot of results as well. Good luck with your surgery! 

edelu
on 12/1/13 8:41 am - los angeles, CA

just google simple crockpot recipes and you're home.  there are hundreds of sites.  pick out the healthier ones.

Ms_J
on 12/1/13 8:42 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

Wow, you're brave. I don't think I could stand having the smell of food permeate throughout my house all day. Lol.

Ms_J
on 12/1/13 8:53 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 11/20/13

Protein Diet High Protein Low Carb Slow Cooker Cookbook. You can get it from Amazon but they sell the Kindle version. I don't know if they make it in hardcopy but if you don't have a Kindle but do have an iPad, you can get the Kindle app in the App Store for free. 

getitgirl
on 12/1/13 10:48 am

Try the Website  http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/  

Luvs2Cruise
on 12/1/13 11:56 am
VSG on 10/30/13

My bariatric program gave us some High Protein/Low Carb Crockpot recipes to get us started when we transitioned to real food.  I LOVE the Garlic Mustard Chicken. It is sooo juicy and flavorful.  YUM!!   Of course, I am a big crock pot junkie (I own 5 of them in various sizes).  I already had a pretty extensive repertoire of crock pot recipes for chicken, turkey, ham, beef.   Not a big fan of pork in the crock pot.  So, when they gave me theirs, I was thrilled.  :)

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

sillymilly
on 12/1/13 12:39 pm - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

Try some different rubs on your chicken.  You can get all kinds of flavor without needing any sauces.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

Mary Catherine
on 12/1/13 12:55 pm

Take one envelope of Au Jus gravy mix and stir into a cup of water.  Its OK if it does not mix well.  Put a beef rump roast of about two or three pounds in the crockpot and pour the au jus over it.  In eight hours, you will have a flavorful and fork-tender roast.  You will get several great meals out of that. 

I add a tossed salad with lowfat dressing and some frozen vegetables. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views