Ouch!

Annievvho
on 12/2/13 12:58 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I was just sleeved on Friday. I feel pretty good all things considered. The worst pain I've been in was on Friday when the battery died on the PCA and the nurse plugged it back in, but she had to go get a key to turn the pain meds back on. An hour later, she hadn't come back with the key, and I was in agony. Most of my pain has been located in the middle of my lower chest/upper abdominal region. It of course is worse when there is gas, and the first 2 days, a lot of acid.  I am feeling much better overall, but I have been halted by gas and pressure there several times. I think part of my current problem is swallowing air along with my sips. I have been working for months to try to fix this, but I didn't realize how much I was still doing it until I have been swallowing air into my sleeve, which barely has room for the liquids I'm sending it, let alone the air bubbles! Is there a trick I missed somewhere? How do I swallow without swallowing all that air?

Also, how does/did everyone else space out their supplements post op? I need to take 3 calcium and 2 multi supplements for sure, but I would also like to work in b-12, biotin, and zinc if possible. 

mickeymantle
on 12/2/13 1:06 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I like drinking from a camel bac bottle , no air comes out of it

the b 12 goes under you tongue  once a week so that is easy , there should be plenty of biotin in your multi and probably enough zinc check with your nut 

I switched to Kirkland brand (Cost****ids chewable and my nut cut down the dose from 4 pills to 2 after checking what was in them , there cheap taste ok and have a good formula

we need to make shore there is zinc in our supplements here in Oregon our soil is low in zinc so the local veggies are low also , and I grow or buy most my veggies from local farms

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Martrini
on 12/2/13 1:36 am

I second using the camel bak bottles, gas-x or generic simethicone, and walking walking walking. It will help! Hang in there. The pain gets better pretty quickly for most of us. I take my vitamins 3X each day. I believe calcium is the only one you really have to spread out. For the brand and dosage I take, as long as there is a minimum of 2 hours between doses absorption shouldn't be an issue... Good luck on your post-op journey!

F - 5'8" - VSG 2/4/13 - HW 267 - SW 237 - GW 135

CW 145 - Down 122 lbs - 10 lbs to goal!    

TexasTerritory
on 12/2/13 3:06 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I love my camelbak. I use a 100 ounce bladder and drink it dry daily. It is so convenient to use and there is no air to swallow. I take my supplements every two hours for maximum absorption. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 349 views