Please help I have fell off the wagon and can't seem to get back on

Shanda J.
on 12/5/13 2:16 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Keith I just got to say....thank you!!!! I have reached out to you and you have ALWAYS been there for me and I appreciate it more than you will ever know. I have walked a few times at the mall with my friends. I will not make you look bad....I PROMISE!!! I'm in it to win it...you always make me feel better about myself and I just love you for that!!!!!  I'm so proud of you and your weight loss! I will go walking tonight with my hubby..pinky swear! I'm going to get back on track, leave my money at home, and walk! I'

(HW) 326     (CW) 189    (GW) 170

Keith L.
on 12/5/13 2:38 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Fantastic! Make sure to throw away the junk food. Don't be like an alcoholic that thinks they can keep a bottle in the cupboard and stay sober.

When you walk make sure you walk. Don't make it social. Heads down walk for you! Walk to burn! When I run I envision the Spartans who had to run 25 miles a day or more at a full sprint. I don't think I am a Spartan in any way shape or form but it does make me want to run harder.

Try to find some stairs too and give me 5 flights too!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

happyteacher
on 12/6/13 12:29 am

Keith, I think I have pretty much decided I want to have your baby.  I love your posts!  Very real, very sound advice, and a nice balance of empathy and pull-yourself-up-by-the-bootstraps!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Keith L.
on 12/6/13 12:46 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Thank you! I try. I am not always so objective, but I try to put myself in the other person's shoes and decide what kind of response they need. Sometimes I go for the "stop your whining and get back up" approach but it has bitten me in the ass more than once. But sometimes and in this case I knew a little bit about Shanda as we have spoken in the past I know she just needs a little bit of encouragement and some follow up. Not everyone does well with having surgery in Mexico, some people need a strong support structure at home. Its easy to fall back into old habits.

As for babies, I turned the baby maker off a couple of years ago with a vasectomy, however I still keep in practice!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

happyteacher
on 12/6/13 9:17 am

Lol, I have been gutted too.  Loads of practice over here though!  frown

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Miss150
on 12/5/13 2:18 am

I like something jubjub said a while back-  He said that when we want to make changes, instead of saying "I'm going to (do- or stop doing this or that)", there is no real plan- just a statement.  However, if we will just ask ourselves, "CAN I do- or stop doing this or that?- make it a question, then our brain starts strategizing ways to make it happen- brings up past behaviors that have brought success.  You have been successful with this in the past-  Can you do this?  Ask yourself- wait for the hows, then put them into action, daily.  One day at a time you will be back on track.  Strenght and action your way.  Bonnie

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Shanda J.
on 12/5/13 2:23 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Thank you Bonnie......wow you have done an amazing job!!!!

(HW) 326    (CW) 189    (GW) 170

Annievvho
on 12/5/13 2:23 am - Roanoke, VA
VSG on 11/29/13

I agree with everyone. Plan your meals, snacks, and all before you go to work. Plan it, make it, and follow through. The first couple of days think hard about your goals all day. Don't stress yourself about it, but don't give yourself leeway to "slip" or "forget." Don't take cash with you to work. At all. Take your power back from the food. If you keep telling yourself you're weaker than the crap food, you will be, but if you are positive and encouraging - tell yourself you are so much stronger than a bag of chips - you will feel good about yourself and your will and it will help you get over the hurdle. Give yourself a high five every time you overcome a craving. DO NOT beat yourself up. Own your mistakes, log them, be accountable, but don't wallow in it. Acknowledge it was not what was best for your health, decide what you are going to do differently, forgive yourself, and move forward. One mistake does not mean your day is wasted or you're a failure. We all know the guilt over a poor choice leads us to seek comfort, and we tend to seek that in food. Don't let it be a cycle. Feel accountable, not guilty. And finally, 5 pounds is not a lost cause. Treat your body right, get back in the saddle, and ride!

Shanda J.
on 12/5/13 2:56 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Thank you for responding!!!

(HW) 326    (CW) 189    (GW) 170

clchick
on 12/5/13 3:21 am
VSG on 10/07/13

Every single one of you who wrote on this post including the poster are awesome!  What a great support system!!!  Keep up the good work!!!!

cc

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views