"Bullet Proof Coffee" or Coffee like you've never Seen it Before

Cathy K.
on 12/5/13 1:15 am

ok were do you get grass fed butter, and blend in a blender or stir?

Keith L.
on 12/5/13 1:54 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Whole Foods, Trader Joes. Also Irish Butter is grass fed and you can find it at your regular grocer with the rest of the butter. I think the most common brand is called Kerrygold. They make a salted and an unsalted. Both are good in coffee but i you have trouble with blood pressure or hypertension then go with the unsalted.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Keith L.
on 12/5/13 2:41 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Blend in a blender. Stirring doesn't really mix it.

hollykim
on 12/5/13 2:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

wonder if raw cream from grass fed cows would do the same thing as grass fed butter?

Keith L.
on 12/5/13 2:41 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Probably. The approach is about the fat and that should be about the same I would think. But the butter floats and the cream mixes. You need to use a blender to get it to really mix. So maybe not. I do think the key is the grass fed. Basically a vegetable based saturated fat.

mdusha
on 12/4/13 10:57 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

No, but will another day...maybe over the weekend before exercise. I was heeding your advice about not doing that unless I'll be exercising to prevent it being stored as fat.

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

Keith L.
on 12/4/13 11:12 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have changed my position on it a bit, if you are doing it in the morning, there is a lot less chance of it being stored as fat.

mdusha
on 12/4/13 10:58 pm - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

see below for my reply to you...thought I replied properly to just you, but not sure now lol

MuttLover
on 12/5/13 12:14 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Question -- if the goal is to add fat so you have a feeling of satiety, why not just add organic cream (instead of butter?).  I understand coconut oil has other properties, but basically what's the difference between the two dairy-based fats (cream and butter)?

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

mdusha
on 12/5/13 12:24 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

I can't repeat the details, because I don't clearly remember them....but I did some research online, and grass-fed produced butter has many significant health properties, including anti-carcinogenic features. Not sure if that would hold for cream...though it may. It's interesting to research, though I admit mine has been very top level thus far. I'd encourage anyone interested to do their own research. I'm by no means a full subscriber to all of this just yet...but thought I'd give it a go and continue to research and see how it suits me, my plan, and my results. I figure that's all any of us can do! :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views