14 Days Till Surgery

wdchapman69
on 12/9/13 1:58 am

Hello,

I am 14 days pre-surgery for my Gastric Sleeve.  Today I am beginning my mandatory 2 week liquid diet.  I have been told this is one of the hardest parts of the whole process.  According to my diet plan, I can have 4 BariEssential shakes mixed with fat-free milk per day.  Along with that, I can have zero calorie drinks like sugar free cool-aid and crystal lite drinks.  I can also have sugar free jello and sugar free pop-cicles and one cup of chicken broth per day.  Does anyone have any advice or words of encouragement because this is my first day on this diet and I think it is going to be tough??

Thanks,

Dave

stacie914
on 12/9/13 11:13 am

I am on Day 6 of my liquid pre op diet and my diet is similar to yours.  I have not been having a lot of issues and realize how much of it is mental.  Just make sure that you are staying hydrated.  I did struggle a little this weekend at restaurants but ordered soup and had the broth. I really thought I would be struggling more but I think I am committed to the surgery and this is another stepping stone to it so just keep your eye on the big picture!

Good Luck!

wdchapman69
on 12/9/13 11:18 am

Thanks Stacie....I keep my eye on the big picture... And hope that picture is a smaller me...:)

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/13 12:32 pm - Canada

We are having surgery on the same day!  Sorry (well not really) to say that I don't have to do the 2 week liquid diet.  But I have been "dieting" since April, my clinic requires we lose 10% of our weight and keep that off until surgery.  I have to do only liquids on the Sunday and nothing after midnight. 

Being on this "diet" for the last nine months has been really hard.  An awful roller coaster ride.  I'm not sure I wouldn't rather do it your way :)

I can tell you that the first three days will be the hardest as you detox from the sugar.  After that as long as you stay hydrated and evenly space out your protein you should be able to manage.  Remember it's only 2 weeks.  You can do anything for two weeks!

wdchapman69
on 12/9/13 10:35 pm

Thanks.....yes....I think I can do it....my sister had the sleeve done about a year ago and I talked to her about it.  She said just keep your eye on the end goal (she has lost 100lbs)..... good luck with your surgery...stay in touch.

Dave

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views